Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Shake Shack

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There's no need to be rude, is there?
    Just trying to understand the issue old Dutch.

You admit and agree the burger to be restaurant standard and restaurant price, so all good so far. The surroundings? Yes they leave a little to be desired if the Dublin branches are the norm, but one knows in advance it is a burger joint and thus one won't get white starched table cloths and waiter service though I know some such as Byron do this.

FG is expensive, there is no doubt about that. But it's good for what it is which is largely a gimmick.

Byron is better. Bunsen here is better.

The snivelling little pretend Doctor tosser jumping in to lick your anal passage and defend your stance simply reflects poorly on all.

I ex

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

You admit and agree the burger to be restaurant standard and restaurant price, so all good so far. The surroundings? Yes they leave a little to be desired if the Dublin branches are the norm, but one knows in advance it is a burger joint and thus one won't get white starched table cloths and waiter service though I know some such as Byron do this.

FG is expensive, there is no doubt about that. But it's good for what it is which is largely a gimmick.

The snivelling little pretend Doctor tosser jumping in to lick your anal passage and defend your stance simply reflects poorly on all.

I ex
    This Five Guys burger I had tasted slightly strange. Did I choose badly or do they all taste a bit odd?

This Five Guys burger I had tasted slightly strange. Did I choose badly or do they all taste a bit odd?
    No idea what you had mate.

I go for the large bacon cheeseburger all in (which is all the free toppings on offer). Never fails to hit the spot.

It's a burger and a good one, and as hangover sort you outs go it is up there.

Damn pricey mind you. I took both kids there a while back as Mrs SW had ****ed off for the weekend, nearly €50 it cost me all in. Could have walked out of McDonalds at half that price.

It is better than McDonalds of course but does it represent such a difference at twice the cost??

No idea what you had mate.

I go for the large bacon cheeseburger all in (which is all the free toppings on offer). Never fails to hit the spot.

It's a burger and a good one, and as hangover sort you outs go it is up there.

Damn pricey mind you. I took both kids there a while back as Mrs SW had ****ed off for the weekend, nearly €50 it cost me all in. Could have walked out of McDonalds at half that price.

It is better than McDonalds of course but does it represent such a difference at twice the cost??
    Apologies, I said Five Guys when I meant Shake Shack. I had the Shackmeister, a single cheeseburger with crispy shallots. I suspect the shallots were a mistake.

I am often boggled at how expensive things are for people with kids.

I ex
    I defend no man without good reason. Here I was merely setting you straight when it appears that you could not comprehend an extremely basic concept. But then I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I defend no man without good reason. Here I was merely setting you straight when it appears that you could not comprehend an extremely basic concept. But then I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Oh, very good.

Sir C will be so proud of you. He might ruffle your hair.

Oh, very good.

Sir C will be so proud of you. He might ruffle your hair.

Oh come now, even you must be ever so slightly embarrassed by this pathetic little boys efforts to cosy up to you and become a virtual mini-me.

It reminds me of when my own kid was tiny and he would do what he could to copy me as we embarked on the typical son /father hero worship journey. Now he won’t even listen to The Jam unless he is forced to.

Oh come now, even you must be ever so slightly embarrassed by this pathetic little boys efforts to cosy up to you and become a virtual mini-me.

It reminds me of when my own kid was tiny and he would do what he could to copy me as we embarked on the typical son /father hero worship journey. Now he won’t even listen to The Jam unless he is forced to.
    I fear you are mistaken, sw. He doesn't even like me. Remember how he refused to assist when my shoulders were so painful?