Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shake Shack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    5 Guys is ace. A truly wonderful burger.

Shake Shack is ok, but no more.

That is all that matters, really.
    Five Guys is too much. It's too much. You feel like you're going to get attacked in your heart after eating one. Not overly impressed with the gimmickry of Shake Shack but their burgers ain't bad. We have this chain called In-and-Out Burger on the West Coast and it's highly doable. Very decent!

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Five Guys is too much. It's too much. You feel like you're going to get attacked in your heart after eating one. Not overly impressed with the gimmickry of Shake Shack but their burgers ain't bad. We have this chain called In-and-Out Burger on the West Coast and it's highly doable. Very decent!

I had an In and Out burger last week in Vegas. Not bad but not as good as Five Guys. Then again, Five Guys is not as good as GBK here in the UK.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

InO is okay for the price. It’s cheaper than Five Guys and tastes it. Liberty Burger is a level above all of these, but alas hasn’t escaped Texas yet. I keep hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    InO is okay for the price. It’s cheaper than Five Guys and tastes it. Liberty Burger is a level above all of these, but alas hasn’t escaped Texas yet. I keep hoping.
    I think you're unfairly slamming what is the basic aesthetic of In and Out. It's a burger joint, a stand. It's not trying to do fine or family dining. It's not Applebee's.

Amongst the Midwestern variants, I like Steak and Shake.

I’m not really slamming it. Just calling it out for what it is. A Californian Cult of ordinary burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I’m not really slamming it. Just calling it out for what it is. A Californian Cult of ordinary burgers.
    Fatburger is great. Well the ones in Hollywood were.

The Camden one is ok, but expensive.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    I think you're unfairly slamming what is the basic aesthetic of In and Out. It's a burger joint, a stand. It's not trying to do fine or family dining. It's not Applebee's.

Amongst the Midwestern variants, I like Steak and Shake.

I also went to a place called Wahlburger while in Vegas. Now that was f*ckin disappointing
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Hache in Camden also serve a superb burger

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I also went to a place called Wahlburger while in Vegas. Now that was f*ckin disappointing
    http://hacheburgers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Now see you've gone and jumped the shark. It shouldnt be a question of what place *has it in them* to generate a good burger. Sure, I mean, I go to frickin Chef Whatever the Fvck, he'll turn out a good burger. It's got to spring from the common experience, the popular idiom. Hence chains.

Having said that, you all will scoff, I know, when I say that Wendy's is quite solid. No really. Get the triple like me, fat basterds.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I had an In and Out burger last week in Vegas. Not bad but not as good as Five Guys. Then again, Five Guys is not as good as GBK here in the UK.
    What, pray tell, is GBK?