Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shake Shack

Shake Shack

I've just had a Shake Shack buirger. It had crispy shallots in it.

It was a bit weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've just had a Shake Shack buirger. It had crispy shallots in it.

It was a bit weird.
    I went to Five Guys last week. I was expecting a thick, handmade patty made from good quality beef. You know, the type that, if cooked correctly, are still pink and juicy within.

What I actually received was a piece of 'beef' that was less than 1cm thick & tasted of little else but grease.

Which chain does the best medium rare burgers?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I went to Five Guys last week. I was expecting a thick, handmade patty made from good quality beef. You know, the type that, if cooked correctly, are still pink and juicy within.

What I actually received was a piece of 'beef' that was less than 1cm thick & tasted of little else but grease.

Which chain does the best medium rare burgers?
    You should never entertain medium rare burgers r. It's all to do with minced meat.This is because bacteria, such as salmonella, listeria and e-coli, lives on the outside of meat so searing steaks and cuts of beef and lamb would kill anything harmful, even when it's still pink inside.
    But as burgers are minced up those bugs that were on the outside are then on the inside and therefore should be cooked thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    You should never entertain medium rare burgers r. It's all to do with minced meat.This is because bacteria, such as salmonella, listeria and e-coli, lives on the outside of meat so searing steaks and cuts of beef and lamb would kill anything harmful, even when it's still pink inside.
    But as burgers are minced up those bugs that were on the outside are then on the inside and therefore should be cooked thoroughly.
    you do realise you are talking to R don't you... you might have just saved him form a painful death
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Nope. So long as the meat is heated to 120F throughout, all the bacteria will be dead.

...and yet I and millions of others managed to eat medium rare burgers for years without any problem before this sort of supremely queer and cowardly fussbucketry became commonly-accepted wisdom.

Honestly, people are such fannies these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Nope. So long as the meat is heated to 120F throughout, all the bacteria will be dead.
    Well, you may want to put your faith in fast food establishments to actually carry that out but I'd prefer to play safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    ...and yet I and millions of others managed to eat medium rare burgers for years without any problem before this sort of supremely queer and cowardly fussbucketry became commonly-accepted wisdom.

Indeed....

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

My local still asks how I would like my burger cooked I'm pleased that they refuse to bow down to the food police.

5 Guys is ace. A truly wonderful burger.

Shake Shack is ok, but no more.

That is all that matters, really.