Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A right back at left back

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    For shame.

Trying to give AW credit when we all know it was GG who pioneered the policy of playing your full back in a totally opposite role to what most expect. Nigel Winterburn for those not of a certain age.

I expect you are too young to really remember.

The whole clinging onto Wenger is a sad thing to see. Move on, he is history. Should have been sacked earlier. The future is bright.
    Bright, but we will never win the league under Emery. We might win a Champions League knockout game next year.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Bright, but we will never win the league under Emery. We might win a Champions League knockout game next year.
    Well, you may as well roll out that statement for any incoming manager.
    Why not just say, our chances have improved significantly under our new manager.
    We all accept that we'll never outspend the like of City, Chelsea or United.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Well, you may as well roll out that statement for any incoming manager.
    Why not just say, our chances have improved significantly under our new manager.
    We all accept that we'll never outspend the like of City, Chelsea or United.
    What makes you think our chances have improved significantly?

I'm not saying they haven't, or that they have. I'm just wondering how you can make such a judgementat this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Our star striker on the wing.

It’s like Wenger never left.

Dago Chauncey Gardiner OUT!
    Speaking of wheeling in a new LB. I hope the scouts are tracking both Chilwell or Sessignon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What makes you think our chances have improved significantly?

I'm not saying they haven't, or that they have. I'm just wondering how you can make such a judgementat this point.
    The new man has addressed several weaknesses that have been apparent for a few years. We've not had a player like Torriera for a while now. He was at the centre of most of our build up play last night but equally impressive, was his cover for the defence.
    You cant also fail to acknowledge what he's done for the likes of Iwobi and Xhaka, by improving their effectiveness by about 200%.

I realise its early days and the need to not get ahead of ourselves but the squad are playing with real purpose and appear to be far fitter under the new training management.

He just needs to work on his press conference Spanglish and he'll cut quite the manager.

Speaking of wheeling in a new LB. I hope the scouts are tracking both Chilwell or Sessignon.
    And Digne who I have been very impressed with when I have seen him (twice).

The new man has addressed several weaknesses that have been apparent for a few years. We've not had a player like Torriera for a while now. He was at the centre of most of our build up play last night but equally impressive, was his cover for the defence.
    You cant also fail to acknowledge what he's done for the likes of Iwobi and Xhaka, by improving their effectiveness by about 200%.

I realise its early days and the need to not get ahead of ourselves but the squad are playing with real purpose and appear to be far fitter under the new training management.
    Not to mention that results were getting worse under Wenger with no sign of change.

You could add in that Emery has won a league within the past few years even if it was PSG in a one team league. I'd also point out that stating that our chances have improved significantly is far less controversial than saying that we will never win the league under Emery.

Cause that bit is just nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I think he is struggling with the fact that the world has not caved in around us because Wenger left.

Early days of course but the most interesting and exciting days in a decade.
    I think there’s a fair few looking at it feeling gutted that they might not be able to say “I told you so” in terms of Arsene leaving and us turning into a load of ****e.

Because I don't think they have. I may change my mind in 3 months, but I'm far from convinced we will be able to stop the best teams scoring. Spurs building a stadium has helped. We need Chelsea, Man C and Liverpool to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    And Digne who I have been very impressed with when I have seen him (twice).
    Digne is unlikely to leave Everton so soon. There's probably a more realistic opportunity of prizing the other two away.