Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A right back at left back

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Digne is unlikely to leave Everton so soon. There's probably a more realistic opportunity of prizing the other two away.
    Especially since Chilwell has just agreed and signed a new deal and also any transfer fee will have gone up about £10m as he is now a full international.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You could add in that Emery has won a league within the past few years even if it was PSG in a one team league. I'd also point out that stating that our chances have improved significantly is far less controversial than saying that we will never win the league under Emery.

Cause that bit is just nonsense.
    Of course there is always a chance, I'm being flippant.

The fact he managed to lose the league with PSG is more remarkable than the fact he won it.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    The new man has addressed several weaknesses that have been apparent for a few years. We've not had a player like Torriera for a while now. He was at the centre of most of our build up play last night but equally impressive, was his cover for the defence.
    You cant also fail to acknowledge what he's done for the likes of Iwobi and Xhaka, by improving their effectiveness by about 200%.

I realise its early days and the need to not get ahead of ourselves but the squad are playing with real purpose and appear to be far fitter under the new training management.

He just needs to work on his press conference Spanglish and he'll cut quite the manager.
    So we are significantly more likely to win the league under Emery because.... Torreira.

OK then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    So we are significantly more likely to win the league under Emery because.... Torreira.

OK then.
    Run further, sprint more, picks players on form.... not a past it frenchie.

We won't win the league but have more chance of finishing top 4
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Run further, sprint more, picks players on form.... not a past it frenchie.

We won't win the league but have more chance of finishing top 4
    Spurs' stadium and Mourinho's meltdown are arguably the most important part of this change.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Spurs' stadium and Mourinho's meltdown are arguably the most important part of this change.
    Every team has a blip. Spurs are having theirs - being a decent team - that is.

Mourinho, on the other hand, was wholly predictable.

At least Emery is making decisions that the fans can see - picking players on form, hooking underperformers... and Torreira
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

What makes you think our chances have improved significantly?

I'm not saying they haven't, or that they have. I'm just wondering how you can make such a judgementat this point.
    I like the way we are talking about winning a knockout game in the Champions League. Maybe we should focus on actually qualifying for it first

At this stage nobody knows what to expect in the future and that is rather a lovely feeling.

OK then.
    I think the two most pleasing aspects are the obvious impact he has had on some existing players (Iwobi for example) and the fact that the signings that the new structure has made so far appear to be pulling us in the right direction- at this point Guendouzi, Toerreira, the Greek lad and the new keeper are looking like good additions.

Its a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I like the way we are talking about winning a knockout game in the Champions League. Maybe we should focus on actually qualifying for it first

At this stage nobody knows what to expect in the future and that is rather a lovely feeling.
    I don't like this cheerful Peter, p. It's unnerving

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I don't like this cheerful Peter, p. It's unnerving
    It won't last.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.