Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shocking reffing tbh

Shocking reffing tbh

I can't think of a single reason why the ref didn't give a penalty (and probably send Holding off) last night.

It was pretty clear to all that he had handled it. Ref bottled it.

There were too many yellows dished out for minor things whilst other stuff went unpunished.

We're still shít in defence.

Still, some lovely, lovely football after that.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I can't think of a single reason why the ref didn't give a penalty (and probably send Holding off) last night.

It was pretty clear to all that he had handled it. Ref bottled it.

There were too many yellows dished out for minor things whilst other stuff went unpunished.

We're still shít in defence.

Still, some lovely, lovely football after that.
    You on the pills, mate? I thought there was a case for the attacking player putting his arm across Holding and pushing him which made it accidental. And even if you don't buy that, not sure how that is ever a red card?

The ref was inconsistent with his yellow cards in addition to looking like a gormless mong (which you would have thought would be a pretty serious downside for a referee). And for the first 30 minutes we looked vulnerable but we then were completely dominant and other than a set piece didn't give Leicester a sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You on the pills, mate? I thought there was a case for the attacking player putting his arm across Holding and pushing him which made it accidental. And even if you don't buy that, not sure how that is ever a red card?
    Had that been the case the ref would have given a foul against Holding, shirley?

No, the ball was above Holding's head, no excuses, a pelanty all day, every day.

The ref chose to ignore it completely.

It would (should) have been a second yellow, btw.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Had that been the case the ref would have given a foul against Holding, shirley?

No, the ball was above Holding's head, no excuses, a pelanty all day, every day.

Why were Leicester allowed to take a free-kick for a foul 10 yards inside their half, 15 yards inside ours - that was a significant advantage. I doubt that little can't grow a beard prick Maddison can kick as far as the penalty area from our own half. Quite how Xhaka didn't **** the little **** will remain a mystery (though well done Granit for your discipline)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Why were Leicester allowed to take a free-kick for a foul 10 yards inside their half, 15 yards inside ours - that was a significant advantage. I doubt that little can't grow a beard prick Maddison can kick as far as the penalty area from our own half. Quite how Xhaka didn't **** the little **** will remain a mystery (though well done Granit for your discipline)
    I watched Maddison play for them earlier in the year and was really impressed by him.

By the end of the match last night I would have quite happily watched him be drawn and quartered.

Sniveling little weasel that he is.

I watched Maddison play for them earlier in the year and was really impressed by him.

By the end of the match last night I would have quite happily watched him be drawn and quartered.

I thought Maddison did alright with the ball last night.
    But he'll fit right in a Lester. The snidey little shít can take over from Rat Boy.

Ah, was not aware he was on a yellow. Still, I'm not buying this post match 'Arsenal were lucky'.

Hitting the bar is not bad luck, it's hitting the bar and it means f*ck all when you evaluate the game. We got lucky with the pen, they got lucky with the oggie even though they deserved a 1-0 at that point.

For 30 minutes Leicester were very impressive, I thought. Attacking and defending, there seemed to be about 15 of the f*ckers on the pitch. But for the last 60 minutes we were outstanding and completely dominated them.

Not sure how the MNF geniuses get that Leicester will walk away thinking they were unlucky. If I was them I'd walk away thinking it might have been 5-1 if Laca had his shooting boots on.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    They were at it all over the pitch, tbf la.

There was a point when Chilwell was poncing about for ever taking a throw in. He then ran about 15 yards up the touchline to throw it.

****s to a man.

Ah, was not aware he was on a yellow. Still, I'm not buying this post match 'Arsenal were lucky'.

Hitting the bar is not bad luck, it's hitting the bar and it means f*ck all when you evaluate the game. We got lucky with the pen, they got lucky with the oggie even though they deserved a 1-0 at that point.

For 30 minutes Leicester were very impressive, I thought. Attacking and defending, there seemed to be about 15 of the f*ckers on the pitch. But for the last 60 minutes we were outstanding and completely dominated them.

Not sure how the MNF geniuses get that Leicester will walk away thinking they were unlucky. If I was them I'd walk away thinking it might have been 5-1 if Laca had his shooting boots on.
    the frame of the goal 'belongs' to the defence imo

Yes - he played well for 30 minutes last night as well. Will be a top player, but remain an utter **** unless he signs for us