Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: We had an election nearly six weeks ago and still don’t have a

We had an election nearly six weeks ago and still don’t have a

government (and don’t look like having one for another four weeks at the earliest) Somehow we’re in limbo despite 60% of the population voting for centre-right politics. Coalitions are ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    government (and don’t look like having one for another four weeks at the earliest) Somehow we’re in limbo despite 60% of the population voting for centre-right politics. Coalitions are ****.
    Those whacky Swedes, eh? Didn't Belgium go several months without a government a few years ago? Apparently no one really noticed a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Those whacky Swedes, eh? Didn't Belgium go several months without a government a few years ago? Apparently no one really noticed a difference.
    Didn’t Merkel have something similar recently trying to get together a government? Any way as you say, WE don’t notice much difference.

541 days, sc.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    541 days, sc.
    It was actually two weeks, but, being in Belgium, it felt like 541 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Didn’t Merkel have something similar recently trying to get together a government? Any way as you say, WE don’t notice much difference.
    Yep - took nearly a year for Merkel to put a coalition together I think. Still, at least she didn't bribe a bunch of religious bigots to prop her up in power, thus giving them huge amounts of money and obscene amount of influence

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yep - took nearly a year for Merkel to put a coalition together I think. Still, at least she didn't bribe a bunch of religious bigots to prop her up in power, thus giving them huge amounts of money and obscene amount of influence
    They're not religious bigots, they're Huns.

They're not religious bigots, they're Huns.
    Correction noted. Tiocfaidh ár lá