Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So we have agreed a three year transition phase. What does this mean?

So we have agreed a three year transition phase. What does this mean?

Also, it appears Ireland have accepted May's version of the backstop idea.

Can we now stop talking about Brexit until 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Also, it appears Ireland have accepted May's version of the backstop idea.

Can we now stop talking about Brexit until 2021?
    No, we must have another referendum.......for no reason that I've quite worked out

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    No, we must have another referendum.......for no reason that I've quite worked out
    We don't need another referendum, just an acceptance that we were on our time of the month when the last one happened and voted a bit rashly but we've calmed down a bit and realised it was just a bad idea. Let's just leave things as they are. I mean, you can't seriously think it is still a good thing, can you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    We don't need another referendum, just an acceptance that we were on our time of the month when the last one happened and voted a bit rashly but we've calmed down a bit and realised it was just a bad idea. Let's just leave things as they are. I mean, you can't seriously think it is still a good thing, can you ?
    Had I realised that no one actually had a ****ing clue, then I wouldn't have voted at all. I still think that done correctly, leaving is the best option

Hold on, I'm sure... wait a minute, let me check... yes, I thought so! We had a big vote about this la, everyone went down to their local primary school and made a cross on a piece of paper, and the majority of people voted for us to leave the EU.

Glad to clear that up for you mate

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Hold on, I'm sure... wait a minute, let me check... yes, I thought so! We had a big vote about this la, everyone went down to their local primary school and made a cross on a piece of paper, and the majority of people voted for us to leave the EU.

Glad to clear that up for you mate
    You assume I believe in democracy, sir c. I mean letting "people" decide - never a good idea. I mean they might all soon vote for Jeremy

You assume I believe in democracy, sir c. I mean letting "people" decide - never a good idea
    Oh, I quite agree. But we've gone and done it now. We've given hoi polloi their chance and they have spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Had I realised that no one actually had a ****ing clue, then I wouldn't have voted at all. I still think that done correctly, leaving is the best option
    That's the thing though - if a clear path to leave was spelt out in the referendum, the result would have been comprehensively in favour of leaving, but people effectively voted for chaos. Two years on and they still haven't produced workable plan. For all their long words and use of Latin, Rees Mogg and Johnson are absolutely ****ing thick ****s, yet they are popular

And Eddie Jones hasn't picked Cipriani ffs

That's the thing though - if a clear path to leave was spelt out in the referendum, the result would have been comprehensively in favour of leaving, but people effectively voted for chaos. Two years on and they still haven't produced workable plan. For all their long words and use of Latin, Rees Mogg and Johnson are absolutely ****ing thick ****s, yet they are popular

And Eddie Jones hasn't picked Cipriani ffs
    Yes, don't get not taking Cipriani at all. Pleased Ashton is back, though

You assume I believe in democracy, sir c. I mean letting "people" decide - never a good idea. I mean they might all soon vote for Jeremy
    Well, I think any sane person knows that the public should never have been allowed to vote on this. Bad enough we even get to vote for politicians