Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tonight the temperature will not fall below 20c. It’s mid-October.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I take it you illegally burn coal as well? You can't beat coal.
    Coal just sort of glows, though. I enjoy the drama of burning logs. The crackle, the light, the smell

Wd logs imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    You bought logs???? I assume you were sensible and bought briquettes with practically no moisture rather than buying logs
    https://www.woodfuel.coop/
    I bought what my parents buy which is barn seasoned logs. Can't be dealing with logs with lots of sap that take forever to burn.

Also, there are some trees at the end of my garden with TPOs on them. Any idea how they can unfortunately catch a disease and have to be felled? They're going to block the sun on my BBQ area in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I bought what my parents buy which is barn seasoned logs. Can't be dealing with logs with lots of sap that take forever to burn.

Also, there are some trees at the end of my garden with TPOs on them. Any idea how they can unfortunately catch a disease and have to be felled? They're going to block the sun on my BBQ area in the summer.
    I have a similar issue, rather hoping this storm blows it onto their house

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I have a similar issue, rather hoping this storm blows it onto their house
    One of the Partners knows of a tree surgeon that will declare that they have a certain type of disease (tree cancer) that means they have to be felled & will do all of the necessary paperwork, all for a small fee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Coal just sort of glows, though. I enjoy the drama of burning logs. The crackle, the light, the smell

Wd logs imo.
    The crackle is because they aren't dry enough... you still get the aroma with briquettes but without the extra ash
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar