Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Some cnt on Twitter has just asserted that the bombings of Rotterdam and Dresden

  1. #1

    Some cnt on Twitter has just asserted that the bombings of Rotterdam and Dresden

    were morally equivalent.

    I had to point out that that logic only held good if you took the view that the Nazis' and the Allies' reasons for waging war were morally equivalent.

    Seriously, what the fck is wrong with people these days?

  2. #2
    There have always been idiots, the internet just gives you a chance to encounter them more often.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    There have always been idiots, the internet just gives you a chance to encounter them more often.
    The problem is, the loonies get heard and their view gradually becomes mainstream. I mean, whilst we've always had nutters, we used to take it as read that a person with a ***** is a man, whatever he calls himself. Now the opinions of the mental cases are so widespread that a man calling himself Mildred is treated as a woman, and suggesting otherwise can be construed as a criminal offence.

    Dear Lord, please snd a flood to wash away the filth with which we have covered your creation, amen.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The problem is, the loonies get heard and their view gradually becomes mainstream. I mean, whilst we've always had nutters, we used to take it as read that a person with a ***** is a man, whatever he calls himself. Now the opinions of the mental cases are so widespread that a man calling himself Mildred is treated as a woman, and suggesting otherwise can be construed as a criminal offence.

    Dear Lord, please snd a flood to wash away the filth with which we have covered your creation, amen.
    Meant be getting a bit of a flood this weekend aren't we... mainly causing havoc in Wales and Ireland, so you may get your wish
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

  5. #5
    Pretty much on par with holocaust.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    were morally equivalent.

    I had to point out that that logic only held good if you took the view that the Nazis' and the Allies' reasons for waging war were morally equivalent.

    Seriously, what the fck is wrong with people these days?
    Nothing to do with logic, imo. It's about "Daddy Issues".

    Everyone really just needs to grow up.

    Starting with most of the grown-ups
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The problem is, the loonies get heard and their view gradually becomes mainstream.
    I don't think they do, I can't think of something as obviously wrong as the Nazi/Allies equivalence view that has become mainstream. Can you?

    As for the gender fluidity thing, I can't get excited about something that (as far as I can see) isn't really hurting anybody.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I don't think they do, I can't think of something as obviously wrong as the Nazi/Allies equivalence view that has become mainstream. Can you?

    As for the gender fluidity thing, I can't get excited about something that (as far as I can see) isn't really hurting anybody.
    Well, it's still socially unacceptable to wave a swastika around, but a hammer and sickle is apparently perfectly fine.

    It's not that gender fluidity hurts anyone (except, of course, when people are persecuted for wrongthink) - it's that we are being bullied into accepting and repeating a lie.

    A man in a dress is not a woman. I could be interviewed and possibly cautioned by the police for saying that. Don't you find that disturbing?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A man in a dress is not a woman.
    :edgelord:
    Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well, it's still socially unacceptable to wave a swastika around, but a hammer and sickle is apparently perfectly fine.

    It's not that gender fluidity hurts anyone (except, of course, when people are persecuted for wrongthink) - it's that we are being bullied into accepting and repeating a lie.

    A man in a dress is not a woman. I could be interviewed and possibly cautioned by the police for saying that. Don't you find that disturbing?
    Wasn't the hammer and sickle more popular 30 years ago than it is now? I think we are more aware of the atrocities committed by Stalin (and co) now, than we were in the 80s.

    If someone was cautioned for saying a man in a dress isn't a woman (and no more) that would be disturbing. I agree. If it happened regularly, then we'd have a real problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •