Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Now I understand

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I drink more than those in Belarus apparently. The heaviest drinkers in the world.

wd me, imo

and it was only a very light week
    I think it's fairly clear that middle aged people in this country drink far more than anyone realises.

Meanwhile, we've got a generation of young adults who think caffeine is a hard drug. Pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    wd my unborn grandchildren imo.
    wd for them for not having arms, necks and faces (in fact most parts of the body) covered in tattoos
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's ridiculous. I lied and admitted only to a bottle of wine per night and it's suggesting that's a lot.

Mental.
    I try to stick to that. And the gin and tonic/scotch and soda at the beginning of the evening.

Not counting weekends, of course. Or when I have to drink for work.

wd for them for not having arms, necks and faces (in fact most parts of the body) covered in tattoos
    Quite. A dull generation who think plastering themselves in silly pictures and sticking bits of metal in their faces makes them interesting.

I try to stick to that. And the gin and tonic/scotch and soda at the beginning of the evening.

Not counting weekends, of course. Or when I have to drink for work.
    Oh weekends are another matter entirely, naturally.

I'm pretty sure that scotch and soda doesn't count as an alcoholic drink.

I think it's fairly clear that middle aged people in this country drink far more than anyone realises.
    Something has to replace the mdma, b.

A few of us old mates met up in Amsterdam about 5-6 years ago.
    about twenty 40+ year olds having it, as it were, large.
    The only difference from my youth was that we stayed in nicer hotels.

What an absolute, fúcking shambles we must have looked
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Something has to replace the mdma, b.

A few of us old mates met up in Amsterdam about 5-6 years ago.
    about twenty 40+ year olds having it, as it were, large.
    The only difference from my youth was that we stayed in nicer hotels.

What an absolute, fúcking shambles we must have looked
    A number of people in their 20s report to me. They're nice enough, but fvck me, they're credulous, ignorant, dull and censorious. Constantly on the lookout for something that might offend and seem to think that if they're more than five minutes away from a glass of water, they'll desiccate. Take last week for example. We'd just done a big awards thing that had gone well and so we all pile into the nearest fancy bar to celebrate a job well done. So I'm buying (well, the company is, but via my expenses) and ask them all what they want. I kid you not, half of the little spastics didn't even want to order an alcoholic drink. Obviously, I bullied most of them into doing so, but even then they nursed them for about an hour and then gradually trickled away.

The last three left standing were the most senior members of staff - all of us in our 40s. Meanwhile the youngsters were all safely tucked up in bed getting their eight hours. Seriously, what a fvcking tedious generation.

The last three left standing were the most senior members of staff - all of us in our 40s. Meanwhile the youngsters were all safely tucked up in bed getting their eight hours. Seriously, what a fvcking tedious generation.
    Wd you and your colleagues

Tedious? Stop talking them up

One of them actually left with the excuse that they had to go to the gym. I had no words.

They all live with their mums, don't they? That's got to slow you down a bit. You can't roll in every night battered, puking and pissing in the wardrobe, in your mum's house.