Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Decent article from the Tele on why everything is so much better under Unai

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You think AW goes to the pub?

Gilberto used to go the pub in St Alban's and play his mandolin. Good old Gilberto (although I've a nasty feeling I read that he's a bit of a commie these days).
    I was actually surprised how nice the pubs in St Albans were - I think I might have been at the nice end of town but I remember going to a wedding in one a few years back and it seemed like something out of a Guy Ritchie film (though that might of been the people who were getting married's fault

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Doesn't being a commie mean he'll almost certainly be put in prison or summarily shot if he returns to Brazil under this new chap?
    Or chucked out of a helicopter. It's for the best, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Aside from the previous wife dying (and I really dont see why this is necessary) its a genuine thumps up from me.

Not fussed re the whole vegan thing. It has its upsides. One doesnt need to worry about putting on weight as there. Is **** all worth eating.

I havent felt this healthy in years.
    This seems a very miserable way to look at things, p.

It's ages since I had a good fruits de mer. The best I ever had was in a restaurant above a fish market in Etaples. Piled high, it was. Lobster, crab, prawns, oysters, mussels, winkles and the snottiest of bulots to chew your way through. As good a meal as I've ever had, I'd say.
    I like that place in Etaples. Aux Pecheurs, I believe. Haven't been for 15 years, probably. Oddly, getting decent seafood in Le Touquet or Etaples was never as easy as, say, Dieppe or Deauville. Although of course Le Touquet has Perard, which was still wonderful when I last went a couple of months ago. Thinking about it, I first went to Perard in 1988. I can't think of another restaurant I've been going to for 30 years. Rules, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I was actually surprised how nice the pubs in St Albans were - I think I might have been at the nice end of town but I remember going to a wedding in one a few years back and it seemed like something out of a Guy Ritchie film (though that might of been the people who were getting married's fault
    Smudger lives in St Albans. I know this because he recently texted me with his address to ask me to send him something in the post

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    There are a couple of very nice ones. There's the Fighting Cocks out near Verulamium (which is the oldest pub in the country) and there's a nice one at the far end of the high street that's very good.

This seems a very miserable way to look at things, p.
    Well, no shít! peter, looking at things miserably? Who would have thought it?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Smudger lives in St Albans. I know this because he recently texted me with his address to ask me to send him something in the post
    Is it nudes of your mum?

Is it nudes of your mum?
    We nearly bought a decent sized family home in St Albans about five years ago but bottled it and opted for a poky little flat in Highgate. Now we've been totally priced out and are going to have to move out to ****ing Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I like that place in Etaples. Aux Pecheurs, I believe. Haven't been for 15 years, probably. Oddly, getting decent seafood in Le Touquet or Etaples was never as easy as, say, Dieppe or Deauville. Although of course Le Touquet has Perard, which was still wonderful when I last went a couple of months ago. Thinking about it, I first went to Perard in 1988. I can't think of another restaurant I've been going to for 30 years. Rules, maybe?
    That's the chap. I think I last went in 2012.

I'm starting to only be able to remember the years things happened by trying to remember which woman I was with at the time. Problem is, I sometimes say things like 'You remember when we went to such and such?' only to remember too late that that was in my previous life. This can lead to a certain froideur.