Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I’ve been invited in my capacity as a picture caption writer…..ahem journalist….to a

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You have no family history of schizophrenia I take it? Because that would make it a poor idea.

Also, the trick with hallucinogens is not to go into them with any negative expectations. I used to love them when I was in my late teens, early 20s and had not much to worry about and literally no sense of my own mortality. Not sure I'd be quite so happy on them these days.
    No, I think I'm reasonably well adjusted, psychologically, to cope with such an experience.

On the other hand, I'm Jewish and therefore constitutionally weak. I had some pretty ****ing mental hallucinations on hash cakes, - including watching an episode of Casualty and seeing my face projected onto one of the Asian doctors in the show - and assume an actual psychadelic is going to be some way above that in terms of mentalness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    No, you won't die. You might go screaming, wall-climbing mental, of course. But spending the rest of your life in a secure facility strikes me as rather peaceful, so crack on.
    I just read The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley. He seemed to have a good time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I just read The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley. He seemed to have a good time
    Yeah. That was mescaline as I recall. Can't really forgive old Aldous for inspiring the name of one of the most overrated bands in history, though.

Don't get me wrong, hallucinogens can be great. But like any drug they come with risks and downsides.

I've watched a friend have a delightful conversation with his fridge. As far as I could tell they both enjoyed it equally. On the other hand, I have physically had to hold a chap down because he wanted to run out into the street and 'away', convinced that the SAS were about to burst through a window to kill him.

You pays your money and you takes your chance.

No exotic potions. Just a humble psilocybin-containing truffle.
    Magic Mushrooms, nice.

When I say nice I mean my mid 20s self falling around Finsbury Park after a late night at the George Robey or Camden Palace.

You on the other hand are fúcked.

I've watched a friend have a delightful conversation with his fridge. As far as I could tell they both enjoyed it equally. On the other hand, I have physically had to hold a chap down because he wanted to run out into the street and 'away', convinced that the SAS were about to burst through a window to kill him.

Apparently, many years ago, I had quite a long conversation with a poster on the wall of the Hill Street Blues Bar in Amsterdam.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I once spent an evening dribbling happily with a sleeping bag over my head and watching the entertainment my mind chose to deliver in the pitch darkness.

Never had or been present for a bad trip. The first bloke I ever did acid with did hang himself six months later, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I once spent an evening dribbling happily with a sleeping bag over my head and watching the entertainment my mind chose to deliver in the pitch darkness.

Never had or been present for a bad trip. The first bloke I ever did acid with did hang himself six months later, though.
    I've never had what you'd call a 'bad' trip, but I've had unpleasant ones.

Not for me any more, Clive.

I've never had what you'd call a 'bad' trip, but I've had unpleasant ones.

Not for me any more, Clive.
    I'ma boring old fart and never done drugs of any description... nothing i have read on here makes me wish i had
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I'ma boring old fart and never done drugs of any description... nothing i have read on here makes me wish i had
    I've done loads of drugs and had some splendid experiences. I've also felt dreadful afterwards on occasion.

On balance, drugs have definitely had a positive influence on my life and have ensured that I have a full head of hair.