Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So we're officially 12 years off global catastrophe and the Handmaid's Tale takes

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    And curiously she refused to make her therapist's notes available to the hearing.
    She didn't refuse to make anything available at her hearing. And as for these other remarks, how is she not credible. You people are living in the trees. "The Left" is up in arms because this guy is going to tip the court strongly to the right, and this is given that it already was far toward the right. So none of this is surprising -- the response, the outrage.

Let me ask you this: do you want to live in some rapey state like Sri Lanka or wherever the fvck? All right, then, so cool it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yeah. I'm guessing the bits about her being a complete fantasist and compulsive liar probably wouldn't have helped her case.
    I don't think I'll ever stop laughing if this ends up costing them the mid-terms too.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    She didn't refuse to make anything available at her hearing. And as for these other remarks, how is she not credible. You people are living in the trees. "The Left" is up in arms because this guy is going to tip the court strongly to the right, and this is given that it already was far toward the right. So none of this is surprising -- the response, the outrage.

Let me ask you this: do you want to live in some rapey state like Sri Lanka or wherever the fvck? All right, then, so cool it.
    The left is driving moderates into the arms of the hard right, because ideologically there is now a wider gap between the centre and the left than between the centre and the hard right.

If the left had an ounce of self-awareness they'd realise this and pull back the reins on their madness before it's too late.

I don't think I'll ever stop laughing if this ends up costing them the mid-terms too.
    You have no evidence, none, that she is a "complete fantasist and a compulsive liar." Again, it's just the talk on the street corner in East Delhi or some fvck. There you all are, the boys, wearing your thongs and playing some odd sort of card game. And yet you contribute to AWIMB, it's very strange.

We already live in a pretty rapey state because the left thought it would be a great idea to let the third world in and then didn't have the balls to do anything about them systematically raping white girls for decades for fear of being called racist.

So your selective outrage about rape (ie you only care when your political opponents might have done it) falls pretty flat here, I'm afraid.

The left is driving moderates into the arms of the hard right, because ideologically there is now a wider gap between the centre and the left than between the centre and the hard right.

If the left had an ounce of self-awareness they'd realise this and pull back the reins on their madness before it's too late.
    They can't. They always double down. See their reaction to losing the 2016 election: self-awareness would have dictated dialling down the crazy identity politics stuff and not acting like spoilt toddlers because that clearly hadn't helped in the election.

Instead, they did the opposite. And they'll keep doing it because grievance is an industry.

We already live in a pretty rapey state because the left thought it would be a great idea to let the third world in and then didn't have the balls to do anything about them systematically raping white girls for decades for fear of being called racist.

So your selective outrage about rape (ie you only care when your political opponents might have done it) falls pretty flat here, I'm afraid.
    Haha, raping white girls. I am as fearful of the rape of our proud female white flesh as the next man. So you have me there.

Haha, raping white girls. I am as fearful of the rape of our proud female white flesh as the next man. So you have me there.
    Yeah, I don't see much to laugh about in the systematic trafficking, drugging and gang-raping of children as young as 12 by gangs of Pakistanis that has become endemic in our inner cities over the last few decades.

You laugh away, though.

Yeah, I don't see much to laugh about in the systematic trafficking, drugging and gang-raping of children as young as 12 by gangs of Pakistanis that has become endemic in our inner cities over the last few decades.

You laugh away, though.
    Several cases up here, all been appallingly handled as the rossers were too scared initially of doing anything. Wasn't until the press stepped in that anything was done.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Several cases up here, all been appallingly handled as the rossers were too scared initially of doing anything. Wasn't until the press stepped in that anything was done.
    And the only MP to put her head above the parapet on the issue was promptly sacked by Jeremy Corbyn.