Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So we're officially 12 years off global catastrophe and the Handmaid's Tale takes

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    #FakeNews

She was talking about it as a tactic used by Republicans.

"BECAUSE BASICALLY AT THE END OF THE DAY THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED IN, THEIR REPRESENTATIVE AND WHAT THEIR REPRESENTATIVE IS GOING TO DO FOR THEIR DISTRICT. REPUBLICANS ARE AFRAID OF THAT CONTRAST IN A RACE. BECAUSE THEY'RE GOING TO GO THERE TO BE INVOLVED IN TRICKLED DOWN ECONOMICS, SHUTTING DOWN HOSPITALS AND REST OF IT. SO THEY DON'T WANT THEM TO SEE THAT CONTRAST SO THEY FOCUS ON SOMETHING ELSE. AND IT'S A DIVERSIONARY TACTIC. IT'S A SELF-FULFILLING PROPHET. YOU DEMONIZE -- WE CALL IT THE WRAP-UP SMEAR. YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT POLITICS. IT'S A WRAP-UP SMEAR. YOU SMEAR SOMEBODY WITH FALSEHOODED AND THEN YOU MERCHANDISE IT AND THEN YOU WRITE IT AND NELL' SAY, SEE, IT'S REPORTED IN THE PRESS THAT THIS, THIS AND THIS SO THEY HAVE THAT VALIDATION THAT THE PRESS REPORTED THE SMEAR AND THEN IT'S CALLED A WRAP-UP SMEAR. NOW I AM GOING TO MERCHANDISE THE PRESS' REPORT ON THE SMEAR THAT WE MADE. IT'S A TACTIC."
    Yes, I think they call it "projection". Especially if you've just been caught red-handed doing precisely that.

Of course, it's a common tactic. Police forces, for instance, use it all the time. If only because the mere suggestion of an investigation can have extremely negative consequences for people, even if there is actually no "real" investigation going on. And never was or would be.

Under normal circumstances, even the FBI has very strict procedures regarding disclosure of the names of people they might be working on. For example, as you know, Hillary's people will never forgive Pennsylvania Avenue for publicly pooh-poohing the idea of pursuing a prosecution against her, because in doing so they admitted the mere fact that they had had her under scrutiny in the first place, which was bad enough. Ruinous even.
    Last edited by redgunamo; 10-08-2018 at 09:32 PM.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

another step closer to reality with the appointment of a rapist (#believewomen) to the Supreme Court, and the silence on Awimb is deafening.

Why won't someone think of the children? (and the chicks)
    Oh I do! I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, I think they call it "projection". Especially if you've just been caught red-handed doing precisely that.

Of course, it's a common tactic. Police forces, for instance, use it all the time. If only because the mere suggestion of an investigation can have extremely negative consequences for people, even if there is actually no "real" investigation going on. And never was or would be.

Under normal circumstances, even the FBI has very strict procedures regarding disclosure of the names of people they might be working on. For example, as you know, Hillary's people will never forgive Pennsylvania Avenue for publicly pooh-poohing the idea of pursuing a prosecution against her, because in doing so they admitted the mere fact that they had had her under scrutiny in the first place, which was bad enough. Ruinous even.
    I just basically never understand what the fvck you're saying. It's like you're speaking Welsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I am a bit confused by this. From what I can tell, there is literally zero evidence that he committed any impropriety beyond the uncorroborated word of one clearly politically-motivated woman who has literally never mentioned this to anyone for 30 years. Despite this, it is now a given in lefty circles that he's basically a rapist.

What the actual fùck?
    It just seems like the only thing that gives you pleasure is lying. Why don't you try something else, walk your dog or something.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    It just seems like the only thing that gives you pleasure is lying. Why don't you try something else, walk your dog or something.
    Show me the hard evidence that corroborates her bullsh1t story, then. Tell me she isn't a registered Democrat who has campaigned against Trump.

You can't. Because what I've said is patently true.

She's the one doing the lying.

Show me the hard evidence that corroborates her bullsh1t story, then. Tell me she isn't a registered Democrat who has campaigned against Trump.

You can't. Because what I've said is patently true.

She's the one doing the lying.
    Wtf. This is insane. I just imagine a world full of you people. Every corner of Mumbai or Moscow or wherever. She had a credible story, one that she's stuck with for years, as confirmed by her therapist. Others came forward to report bad behavior by this dude.

The Republicans curtailed sharply the investigation. At he very least this judge was BS-ing hugely about being a choir boy.

You now what to say that the chick was fabricating, that someone should rape her for real, that she should go to jail, and god knows what else. Like I say, walk your dog, man. Have an ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Wtf. This is insane. I just imagine a world full of you people. Every corner of Mumbai or Moscow or wherever. She had a credible story, one that she's stuck with for years, as confirmed by her therapist. Others came forward to report bad behavior by this dude.

The Republicans curtailed sharply the investigation. At he very least this judge was BS-ing hugely about being a choir boy.

You now what to say that the chick was fabricating, that someone should rape her for real, that she should go to jail, and god knows what else. Like I say, walk your dog, man. Have an ice cream.
    Her story was in no way credible. It didn't meet the most basic criteria for credibility in law. She didn't tell her therapist until 30 years later and there was no corroborating evidence whatsoever.

And as for 'bad behaviour', show me any man who doesn't have 'bad behaviour' somewhere in his past. if you're suggesting those instances should be treated as evidence of a propensity to rape or sexually assault, then we're all in serious trouble.

This was a politically motivated smear job and it didn't work. And now you're just putting weird and distasteful sentiments in my mouth to satisfy your misplaced sense of moral superiorty. You can fvck right off with that and poke your notion of yourself as one of the good guys up your arse while you're at it.

Her story was in no way credible. It didn't meet the most basic criteria for credibility in law. She didn't tell her therapist until 30 years later and there was no corroborating evidence whatsoever.

And as for 'bad behaviour', show me any man who doesn't have 'bad behaviour' somewhere in his past. if you're suggesting those instances should be treated as evidence of a propensity to rape or sexually assault, then we're all in serious trouble.

This was a politically motivated smear job and it didn't work. And now you're just putting weird and distasteful sentiments in my mouth to satisfy your misplaced sense of moral superiorty. You can fvck right off with that and poke your notion of yourself as one of the good guys up your arse while you're at it.
    Indeed.

Fúcking Yanks, clowns.

And curiously she refused to make her therapist's notes available to the hearing.

And curiously she refused to make her therapist's notes available to the hearing.
    Yeah. I'm guessing the bits about her being a complete fantasist and compulsive liar probably wouldn't have helped her case.