Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mikkie MOTM by some distance for me

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    In what way was such a group display of skill, confidence, imagination and athleticism 'irritating'?
    I found it quite irritating too

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I found it quite irritating too
    Would you care to explain why?

The header and the ball to Mhiki, all a bit jerky and not as flowing as it I'd have liked it.....

The rest was lovely

I can't really, sorry.

It’s the reverse of those games back in the day when Flamini was MOTM. Always said something is very wrong if he’s your MOTM.

Here we have a game where you can make a strong case for a number of players which is an extremely positive sign imo

Shame about the International break.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    The header and the ball to Mhiki, all a bit jerky and not as flowing as it I'd have liked it.....

The rest was lovely
    Against a better more disciplined team the useless Welsh muppet would have lost the ball there. Hector’s flick and Ramsey’s finish were mildly irritating in the sense that if frivolous moments like that don’t come off many people would be giving them both earfuls. Mikkie’s ball to Boomerang was the bit of genius in the move. Ramsey’s chipped pass at the start also awfully good.

In what way was such a group display of skill, confidence, imagination and athleticism 'irritating'?
    I think I know what he means. It felt a bit like a relic of a bygone era. We aren't the team that scores that sort of goal any more - even though we are.

That definitely made more sense in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think I know what he means. It felt a bit like a relic of a bygone era. We aren't the team that scores that sort of goal any more - even though we are.

It was presented to me as a goal of the season, containing incredible skill. I saw some rather messy flicks and headers and a fairly fortunate finish. For me, not even the best goal in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

I see what you mean.

You hate Arsene Wenger and you hate art, elegance and beauty.

Fair enough.

I see what you mean.

You hate Arsene Wenger and you hate art, elegance and beauty.

Fair enough.
    I didn't say I felt like that - just that I can see why those like p and m who do hate Arsene Wenger would find it irritating.
    Last edited by Burney; 10-08-2018 at 10:55 AM.