Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Anyway, when did it become virtually impossible to order cooking whisky in London?

Anyway, when did it become virtually impossible to order cooking whisky in London?

Last night I was on Scotch and soda (an excellent session drink - apart from the after effects, of course). I was then confronted with a shelf of single malts totally unsuitable for the job. I searched in vain for a Grouse, Grants, Bells or even - God help us - Teachers. In the end, I had to settle for Dewars in the end.

It’s like this with gin now as well. There is such a thing as too much choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Last night I was on Scotch and soda (an excellent session drink - apart from the after effects, of course). I was then confronted with a shelf of single malts totally unsuitable for the job. I searched in vain for a Grouse, Grants, Bells or even - God help us - Teachers. In the end, I had to settle for Dewars in the end.

It’s like this with gin now as well. There is such a thing as too much choice.
    Do you think it matters? Unless it's one of those peaty single malts, once you've drowned the thing in soda it could be turps for all I can tell. The expense is a bit galling, I suppose.