Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sokratis Papastathopoulos. The first player to score for Arsenal that hadn't played

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    One of the recent matches, Newcastle or Everton perhaps, thought he was excellent and arguably our best player.

I have to say I had my doubts / reservations and I say that as a coach with a proven track record of success.
    Newcastle - made some excellent challenges. He had to go off against Everton as he injured himself covering for you-know-who

I have to say I am very encouraged by the slightly bulky bubble.

Sooner we partner him with Holding and fúck the German out of an open window the better.
    Pity that other big Greek chap has been injured. I would have had him ahead of Holding at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Pity that other big Greek chap has been injured. I want to give PhenGold a shot and would have had him ahead of Holding at the start of the season.
    Man, I vividly remember Glenn Helder even though he only played what, 2 seasons for us? That was a hell of a player.
    Last edited by Brafford; 10-24-2022 at 04:19 PM.

London Bus that...straight away ESR and Gwen join the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Pity that other big Greek chap has been injured. I would have had him ahead of Holding at the start of the season.
    After 2 games?

Holding has acquitted himself quite well in his time, indeed has done extremely well at times. Not sure what he has done to be so forgotten almost. Like to see him keep his place now.

After 2 games?

Holding has acquitted himself quite well in his time, indeed has done extremely well at times. Not sure what he has done to be so forgotten almost. Like to see him keep his place now.
    Well i would have played both in the league cup and UEFA cup and then hopefully one would prove himself as a starter ahead of Mustafi. The big Greek has everything in his locker he just needs games to iron it out. Holding had stepped up to the plate though. I could see Emery have him ahead of Mustafi in the next game. He's proved as a manager he has the balls to boot out established players if a young buck is biting on their heels.