Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Must...not...laugh or...point out how shìt women's football is...

The tennis argument got to the point where the women’s counter to men playing more is that no one wants to see 5 sets and all matches should be 3 only

Next it will be we need to make goals bigger, pitches smaller and golf should be 15 holes not 18...and all par 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    The tennis argument got to the point where the women’s counter to men playing more is that no one wants to see 5 sets and all matches should be 3 only

Next it will be we need to make goals bigger, pitches smaller and golf should be 15 holes not 18...and all par 3s.
    Yeah. Have you never noticed how the Men's final at Wimbledon empties out once it goes past three sets?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Lee Dixon refused to comment...
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Seriously, though, there is nothing to stop women being just as good as men at things like snooker and darts. But they aren't Why not?
    Sort of places you have to go to play those sports? Working men's clubs, pubs, etc.

Why do they persist with the fantasy that these women's sports would be just as successful as the men's if only they got the same coverage? It's demonstrably untrue. Years of Bullseye proved that women can't play darts.
    Are we really expected to believe that the likes of Sky are just too stupid to work out that there is this gigantic untapped market on a per with the Premier League but with ponytails?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Are we really expected to believe that the likes of Sky are just too stupid to work out that there is this gigantic untapped market on a per with the Premier League but with ponytails?
    Psst, Peter.

Manchester City (mens) play at the Etihad stadium - capacity 55,000

Manchester City (women) play at the Academy Stadium - capacity 7,000

There is a reason for that.

Manchester City have become the first women's club in British football to average crowds of more than 2,000 per match over a season

Not really an gigantic, untapped market, yet. And not really in the foreseeable.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Look at L!ve TV, they tried with Topless Darts and even that failed

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Look at L!ve TV, they tried with Topless Darts and even that failed
    Even women's beach volleyball hasn't taken off as a TV spectacle.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Sort of places you have to go to play those sports? Working men's clubs, pubs, etc.
    It’s not 1970, though. We let women into pubs these days. And those pubs are more likely to have an extensive wine selection than a dartboard.

wasn't even the most ridiculous own goal at the weekend (I really don't take any responsibility for the headline

https://deadspin.com/tremendous-comp...n-g-1829449224