Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Here's something I don't get: Chicken Katsu Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's where all the goodness is
    You're relying on potatoes for your nutritional requirements ARE YOU WEARING GREEN AND SINGING PADDY MCGINTY'S GOAT?

Burney "It's where all the goodness is "

Precisely
    The best nutrients are in the skin
    As they are with a jacket potato
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Diddly diddly dee

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Burney "It's where all the goodness is "

Precisely
    The best nutrients are in the skin
    As they are with a jacket potato
    Now a jacket potato is something completely different. The skin of a jacket potato, crisp and thick from a two hour baking, is unbeatable as a vehicle for butter and salt.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm
    Salt and oil ribbed into it before putting in the oven
    Mmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Now a jacket potato is something completely different. The skin of a jacket potato, crisp and thick from a two hour baking, is unbeatable as a vehicle for butter and salt.
    Here is my way to treat a baked potato. Anoint with oil and salt and bake slow and low as suggested. To eat, cut in half lengthways, put each half fluff side down on the plate and press down with the back of a fork until the fluff and skin are separate. Mix the fluff with a fùckload of butter, salt and - crucially - pepper until its all fully amlagamated. Eat fluff with fork in right hand. Then enjoy the delicious, crisp skins with one's fingers as the climax of this culinary treat.

God, but the potato is a wondrous beast, is it not?

Here is my way to treat a baked potato. Anoint with oil and salt and bake slow and low as suggested. To eat, cut in half lengthways, put each half fluff side down on the plate and press down with the back of a fork until the fluff and skin are separate. Mix the fluff with a fùckload of butter, salt and - crucially - pepper until its all fully amlagamated. Eat fluff with fork in right hand. Then enjoy the delicious, crisp skins with one's fingers as the climax of this culinary treat.

God, but the potato is a wondrous beast, is it not?
    The glw's off carbs. Christ knows when next I shall get to enjoy the fruits of Eire's toils.

The glw's off carbs. Christ knows when next I shall get to enjoy the fruits of Eire's toils.
    I am, too. This is probably why I'm waxing so lyrical about the fùckers.

I've been eating a lot of pulses. Tonight, I shall have roast cod with haricot beans and chorizo.

Beans are no substitute for potatoes. This is simply a FACT.

I am, too. This is probably why I'm waxing so lyrical about the fùckers.

I've been eating a lot of pulses. Tonight, I shall have roast cod with haricot beans and chorizo.

Beans are no substitute for potatoes. This is simply a FACT.
    I'm doing pork chops with a mushroom cream sauce - but of course now I realise I've got to find a staple that fits such a meal. Fúck's sake. Why must you quitters be so difficult?

I'm going to do a butter bean mash so the whole fúcking meal is like baby food.

I'm doing pork chops with a mushroom cream sauce - but of course now I realise I've got to find a staple that fits such a meal. Fúck's sake. Why must you quitters be so difficult?

I'm going to do a butter bean mash so the whole fúcking meal is like baby food.
    Parsnips? Sweet potatoes? Butternut squash?

Nah, you're right. Those are all shìte compared to a spud.