Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's something I don't get: Chicken Katsu Curry.

Here's something I don't get: Chicken Katsu Curry.

You get some inoffensive fried, breadcrumbed chicken and then you pour some gopping Chinese chip shop curry sauce over it and serve it with rice?

Fùck right off, you dirty yellow *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You get some inoffensive fried, breadcrumbed chicken and then you pour some gopping Chinese chip shop curry sauce over it and serve it with rice?

It’s better made with a pork loin, obviously, and should be served with chips. I occasionally crave that curry powder taste and the Katsu curry satisfies such desires perfectly. In short, I make it once a month. I can’t imagine ordering it in a restaurant, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It’s better made with a pork loin, obviously, and should be served with chips. I occasionally crave that curry powder taste and the Katsu curry satisfies such desires perfectly. In short, I make it once a month. I can’t imagine ordering it in a restaurant, mind.
    Chips make sense. Essentially, you're making a Milanese. I mean, you're then putting curry sauce on it, which is perverted and wrong, but what a man chooses to do in his own kitchen is no affair of mine, so I shan't judge.

By they way: chips. I have come to the conclusion that all this triple frying is unnecessary. I have achieved much the best results by first par-boiling the cut chips in just plain water.

Chips make sense. Essentially, you're making a Milanese. I mean, you're then putting curry sauce on it, which is perverted and wrong, but what a man chooses to do in his own kitchen is no affair of mine, so I shan't judge.

By they way: chips. I have come to the conclusion that all this triple frying is unnecessary. I have achieved much the best results by first par-boiling the cut chips in just plain water.
    I only ever double fry. I always thought the triple cooking was overkill.

You realise that if you boil the spuds first, you're making fried potatoes? Not chips. Fried potatoes.

I thoroughly enjoy a Katsu curry. Lovely stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I only ever double fry. I always thought the triple cooking was overkill.

You realise that if you boil the spuds first, you're making fried potatoes? Not chips. Fried potatoes.
    Nonsense. The boiling and the initial fry achieve precisely the same result with the sole difference being that par-boiling does not saturate the potato with grease, resulting in a crispier, less greasy end result.

Nonsense. The boiling and the initial fry achieve precisely the same result with the sole difference being that par-boiling does not saturate the potato with grease, resulting in a crispier, less greasy end result.
    So, its all *******s and the way your nan made chips is the best.

So much for all your culinary bull****. A chip is a ****ing chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    So, its all *******s and the way your nan made chips is the best.

So much for all your culinary bull****. A chip is a ****ing chip.
    My 'nan' (if I'd ever had such a thing, which I didn't) wouldn't have been seen dead making chips. Either of them. They had cooks for that sort of thing.

My 'nan' (if I'd ever had such a thing, which I didn't) wouldn't have been seen dead making chips. Either of them. They had cooks for that sort of thing.
    Apologies. I didnt realise you were from such good stock. I thought your ancestors were Irishers.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Apologies. I didnt realise you were from such good stock. I thought your ancestors were Irishers.
    Oh, they were. But they were middle-class south Dubliners. It sounds grander than it was. Domestic staff were dirt cheap back then in Ireland due to all the agricultural poor. The eldest son inherited the farm, the other sons went off to England to dig roads and the daughters had to go into domestic service. And then they'd get knocked up and have to be dismissed.

Better times, p.