Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Europe currently blowing the golf

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    USA on the charge!

Better?
    wd p
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think we've all got old and mellowed. Except WES. He's basically the same.
    Christ, old wossisname, greg, used to lay into Headgear's family situation and all sorts.

Mind you, he tried something similar with me once and subsequently realised his limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Christ, old wossisname, greg, used to lay into Headgear's family situation and all sorts.

Mind you, he tried something similar with me once and subsequently realised his limitations.
    Yes. That was his go-to move. Didn't take it well himself, though. I seem to remember him cutting up very rough once about some less than complimentary remarks that were made about his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    all started when Rahm missed that easy putt to go 2 up
    Ryder Cup always brings back the memory of the 1999 Ryder Cup on AWIMB when I was a neophyte to The Arsenal and , well, the internet was wild and woolly. It was at that time, given the vitriol, that I came to understand that our vaunted "special relationship" wasn't very special nor much of a relationship.

All in good fun, though.... I think. In retrospect it was pretty weird. It's just stupid golf after all. the players themselves are out of control in their histrionics. My theory is that their whole career is focused on their personal, individual abilities and achievements. Then every two years they are thrust into this team competition where your mistakes let down 11 other peers. They ain't used to it so don't know how to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    Ryder Cup always brings back the memory of the 1999 Ryder Cup on AWIMB when I was a neophyte to The Arsenal and , well, the internet was wild and woolly. It was at that time, given the vitriol, that I came to understand that our vaunted "special relationship" wasn't very special nor much of a relationship.

All in good fun, though.... I think. In retrospect it was pretty weird. It's just stupid golf after all. the players themselves are out of control in their histrionics. My theory is that their whole career is focused on their personal, individual abilities and achievements. Then every two years they are thrust into this team competition where your mistakes let down 11 other peers. They ain't used to it so don't know how to handle it.
    Was that the one where the filthy colonials cheated by running all over the green when the Europeans still had a putt to take? Disgraceful.

I'm firmly on you chaps' side this year, chief. British golfers ought to be withdrawn from the team until they remove that foul flag from their uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Was that the one where the filthy colonials cheated by running all over the green when the Europeans still had a putt to take? Disgraceful.

I'm firmly on you chaps' side this year, chief. British golfers ought to be withdrawn from the team until they remove that foul flag from their uniforms.
    Yes! Yes, I believe it was. As I recall I was held personally responsible!

The amusing thing was that most of the Euro team lived in the US, mainly Florida. There's this enclave of gated mansions where they and some USers live. Still do, I reckon.

Tiger Woods is a sad, sad shadow of the player he once was

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    Tiger Woods is a sad, sad shadow of the player he once was
    No he isn't, he has been shocking in all the Ryder cups he has played.. he isn't a team player and never has been
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar