Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: 28/9/18... the day i moved my pension and the countdown to retirement now starts

28/9/18... the day i moved my pension and the countdown to retirement now starts

If i am still working in 5 yrs I will be most hacked off
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    If i am still working in 5 yrs I will be most hacked off
    Have you popped it into Unit Trusts, you madman?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Have you popped it into Unit Trusts, you madman?
    No, various funds, not silly risk... but since my old pension provider offered me 30 times the value to move it, I would have been silly not to

Worked out that with an average return and a decent size pension the money won't run out until i am 97

No, various funds, not silly risk... but since my old pension provider offered me 30 times the value to move it, I would have been silly not to

Worked out that with an average return and a decent size pension the money won't run out until i am 97
    Good man. Similar to my plan. I was hoping for 2 years from now but I'm not convinced yet.

30 times?

Did this all start with an email from a Nigerian Prince?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    30 times?

Did this all start with an email from a Nigerian Prince?
    30 mtimes seems about right at the moment, low interest rates and longer life expectancy means they want you off their pension books! And it means if I snuff it early the rest of the pot goes to the family, not just a small %

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Good man. Similar to my plan. I was hoping for 2 years from now but I'm not convinced yet.
    I was wanting to leave at 55 but as you say, not convinced that will cover it.... if i didn't have 3 kids then I would be out of the door on my 55th b'day

30 mtimes seems about right at the moment, low interest rates and longer life expectancy means they want you off their pension books! And it means if I snuff it early the rest of the pot goes to the family, not just a small %
    I must consolidate my 4 different pensions, with their minimal value I won't be retiring any time soon

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I must consolidate my 4 different pensions, with their minimal value I won't be retiring any time soon
    Just think, you only have another 40 years or so to go

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    2 of my 4 pensions have got transfer pelanties on them.

Robbing bástards.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”