Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ramsey :wave:

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It's interesting that people really think this is just an Arsenal thing and not a general trend in football towards the player holding all the cards and increasingly running down their contracts. Fellaini pretty much held United to ransom; Sterling is doing so to Manchester City; Alderweireld at Spurs - it certainly isn't just Arsenal
    Of course, however the examples you have given are singular (I expect an analysis of squads would reveal otherwise).

We have 6.

Of course the knee jerk reaction of "sell the fúcker" is redundant as we simply cannot sell a player.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Of course, however the examples you have given are singular (I expect an analysis of squads would reveal otherwise).

We have 6.

Of course the knee jerk reaction of "sell the fúcker" is redundant as we simply cannot sell a player.
    Which six?
    Sanchez who would swapped for a quality player
    Ozil who signed a new deal
    Chamberlain who we got very good money for
    Ramsey who looks like he will go
    Wilshere - who's injury record made him a slightly different case to the others

Who else?

Which six?
    Sanchez who would swapped for a quality player
    Ozil who signed a new deal
    Chamberlain who we got very good money for
    Ramsey who looks like he will go
    Wilshere - who's injury record made him a slightly different case to the others

Who else?
    Welbeck who despite the joshing which goes on around him is a very decent squad option and if not a 20m asset in the domestic market.

You can hardly argue now that the final outcomes with both Sanchez and Ozil were really ideal.

The former we lost 40m in the space of 4 months having backed out of an agreed sale with City. I like Mkhytarian a lot and irrespective of this weeks news I think he should be in the first 11 ahead of the Welsh but it was rather a deal we were forced into rather than one of design. Funny deal now as Sanchez has gone out to be utter toilet.

The latter had us over a barrel Theo style and we ended up paying massively and arguably over the odds to. We had to, we had no real choice of course.

Welbeck who despite the joshing which goes on around him is a very decent squad option and if not a 20m asset in the domestic market.

You can hardly argue now that the final outcomes with both Sanchez and Ozil were really ideal.

The former we lost 40m in the space of 4 months having backed out of an agreed sale with City. I like Mkhytarian a lot and irrespective of this weeks news I think he should be in the first 11 ahead of the Welsh but it was rather a deal we were forced into rather than one of design. Funny deal now as Sanchez has gone out to be utter toilet.

The latter had us over a barrel Theo style and we ended up paying massively and arguably over the odds to. We had to, we had no real choice of course.
    Isnt that a symptom of where we were/are as a club? Some big name players, deep pockets, but underperforming in the league and outof the Champions League. We also had a manager with one foot out the door.

We could have keptWilshere had we wanted to but the boss decided he didn't want him. Fair enough.

I agree that pulling out the Sanchez deal was a mistake. We should have taken the money.

also things that go on all the time at other clubs I would say. You know David De Gea, Anthony Martial, Luke Shaw, Darmian, Valencia, Young, Mata, Smalling, Jones and Herrara are all out of contract at United next summer

also things that go on all the time at other clubs I would say. You know David De Gea, Anthony Martial, Luke Shaw, Darmian, Valencia, Young, Mata, Smalling, Jones and Herrara are all out of contract at United next summer
    No, didn't to be fair. What a mess and indeed what a funny mess.

Factor in also Pogbagate and there is a real popcorn and six bottles of beer scenario.

So, swap Ramsey for Martial in January then?

No, didn't to be fair. What a mess and indeed what a funny mess.

Factor in also Pogbagate and there is a real popcorn and six bottles of beer scenario.

So, swap Ramsey for Martial in January then?
    I'd take that

Phil Jones on a free would be excellent imo

Poor Gunnersaurus can finally have some cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

I thought that was Mustafi's job once Kos is back

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Is Gunnersaurus still the same bloke he's always been? If so, he must be knocking on a bit now. Time for new blood imo.