Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: As mistakes go, I think this one needs a bit more than a 'Whoops! Soz! Lol!'

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The only thing there is a mandate for is leaving. THat is all we were asked and all we answered. It is nothing to do with being thick or not.

To respect that mandate, we have to leave whatever the cost, whatever the manner, deal or no deal.
    Now you're getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nor me. For all Sir C moaning about it, their polling performance against a Tory government in complete turmoil is utterly, utterly pathetic. People forget that Ed fůcking Miliband led the tories by 13 points in 2013 and STILL got his arse handed to him two years later. Corbyn can't even achieve a regular lead. That is genuinely awful.
    I wouldnt trust polls at the moment. I just cannot see Corbyn even holding the gains of the last election. I think you could have a genuine debate as to which party is in greater turmoil at present. Labour are an embarrassment.

The only thing there is a mandate for is leaving. THat is all we were asked and all we answered. It is nothing to do with being thick or not.

To respect that mandate, we have to leave whatever the cost, whatever the manner, deal or no deal.
    :sigh: none of that is relevant if you can't define what Leave means. And the only Leave that everyone can be clear about is no deal. Anything else becomes a debate that cannot be won. The only thing that will bring clarity is no deal. It will allow us to clearly understand what it was that Leave voted for and what therefore the impact is.

Then we can hang them all when it goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I'll tell you what scares me with regard to the possibility of a Labour government - the youth of this country.

Someone wrote in the Times this morning that we're far enough away from nationalization of industry that a large number of voters can't remember how appalling it was. And that the youth are actually looking for dramtic change; with no point of reference to understand how dangerous that might be because since they've been alive there has been very little difference between what has been considered left or right wing.

Uncle Jeremy offering them some free money might have the work shy f*ckwits out in droves.
    Don't worry about the youth. They don't vote and the votes of those who do are spread geographically in such a way that makes little difference. Their supposed 'great surge' in 2017 was shown to be massively exaggerated. The people who achieved that vote for Corbyn in 2017 were pěssed-off, middle-aged remainers making a protest vote.

Now you're getting it.
    Which is why we should see that mandate for what it is- wrong!

A second referendum with the option of remain is the only option. In fact, I am not even sure that leaving in any manner should be an option in the next referendum as it clearly isnt working.

It should be remain, or remain plus.

Nice, clear choices.

:sigh: none of that is relevant if you can't define what Leave means. And the only Leave that everyone can be clear about is no deal. Anything else becomes a debate that cannot be won. The only thing that will bring clarity is no deal. It will allow us to clearly understand what it was that Leave voted for and what therefore the impact is.

Then we can hang them all when it goes wrong.
    There is no lack of clarity as to what leave voted for. They voted to leave! That and nothing more.

There isnt any confusion at all. It doesnt matter why individuals voted leave, or what their reasons were. They all voted for exactly the same thing.

You can define leave as much as you like but the fact will always remain (pardon the pun) that nobody voted for that. All they did was answer a question.

It doesn't matter why you ordered steak.

Don't worry about the youth. They don't vote and the votes of those who do are spread geographically in such a way that makes little difference. Their supposed 'great surge' in 2017 was shown to be massively exaggerated. The people who achieved that vote for Corbyn in 2017 were pěssed-off, middle-aged remainers making a protest vote.
    Apart from in Canterbury, perhaps. And all those constituencies where you think muslims are abusing the postal votes

So I should ignore your recent track record on election predictions?

There is no lack of clarity as to what leave voted for. They voted to leave! That and nothing more.

There isnt any confusion at all. It doesnt matter why individuals voted leave, or what their reasons were. They all voted for exactly the same thing.

You can define leave as much as you like but the fact will always remain (pardon the pun) that nobody voted for that. All they did was answer a question.

It doesn't matter why you ordered steak.
    Nope, you still don't get it.

Nope, you still don't get it.
    There isnt anything to get.