Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: As mistakes go, I think this one needs a bit more than a 'Whoops! Soz! Lol!'

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Fair point. Imagine how often each and every day he would be outraged!

He'd be in heaven.
    I've never been but it sounds wonderful.

I took my partner for a driving lesson in Colchester last night. At one roundabout the person behind us charged the wrong way round a keep left sign and screamed 'you ****ing ****' out of the window.

This is where I live

Perhaps it was that bent copper with the vendetta
    On his evening off
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Perhaps it was that bent copper with the vendetta
    On his evening off
    He has thoroughly bottled it. One letter from a very good solicitor with his name on the door and I havent heard from him in six weeks.

I keep asking him for a convenient time to come in and make my complaint but he never seems to respond

Vindicated!
    A victory for the honest citizen
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post

Vindicated!
    A victory for the honest citizen
    As long as the honest citizen in question has either the money for a world class solicitor or who happens to have one in the family. In my case it was the latter....

Its not over yet, but the tide of the war certainly seems to be turning.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He has a deep and lasting affection for the Deep South. Not the viscious, brutal, enduring racism so much as the legacy of states rights and the right of peoples to freedom from a centrist tyranny that destroys their way of life.

THen of course there's the racism
    The south is alright, actually. I prefer it to the north. Mind you, Americans in general are disgustingly ‘nice’ and after a few days in the country I invariably find myself wanting to be unnecessarily rude to them just to watch the awful smiles drop off their faces.

Anyone who thinks the North are the good guys in in the War of the States is an idiot. That’s just a FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The south is alright, actually. I prefer it to the north. Mind you, Americans in general are disgustingly ‘nice’ and after a few days in the country I invariably find myself wanting to be unnecessarily rude to them just to watch the awful smiles drop off their faces.

Anyone who thinks the North are the good guys in in the War of the States is an idiot. That’s just a FACT.
    Well yeah that's probably true on pretty much every level. Provided you ignore the whole slavery bit, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well yeah that's probably true on pretty much every level. Provided you ignore the whole slavery bit, of course.
    Meh. Slavery would’ve gone anyway sooner or later. It’s a retarded economic model in an industrialised world. It was certainly not a good enough reason need for the cream of Anglo-Irish American youth to slaughter each other. A great shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Meh. Slavery would’ve gone anyway sooner or later. It’s a retarded economic model in an industrialised world. It was certainly not a good enough reason need for the cream of Anglo-Irish American youth to slaughter each other. A great shame.
    Its a war born of the fact that neither side could conceive the demand of the other. It was a disaster on every measure, its only actual achievement being the abolition of slavery and even that was done in a way that ensured a further century of brutal racial oppression and violence.