Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So my two favourites football stories so far this year are

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    He'd probably buy Fabregas from Chelsea just so that he could throw pizza at Unai post match. Not to mention convincing Riley to come out of retirement.

Can you imagine the state of Charles if Wenger ended up managing Utd with Fabregas in the team?
    Did you have to bring up Mike Riley?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Did you have to bring up Mike Riley?
    Oops. Let's hope IUFG doesn't see this and post that f*cking video for about the thousandth time.

Oops. Let's hope IUFG doesn't see this and post that f*cking video for about the thousandth time.
    I always ending up watching it again and getting furious- again

Me too

The part that drives me most mental isn't even Riley's cheating. When that games highlights get replayed on SS the commentator who I think is Robbie Earle says 'nope, not for me, he was looking for it' when the replay of Ferdinand hacking down Freddie is shown.

If I recall the live game, Andy Grey said something like 'it's a big decision' followed by complete silence when the replay showed it being a clear red.

But I'm definitely over it

******************* RILEY KLAXON *******************

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    ******************* RILEY KLAXON *******************

Yup, watched it again.

I'm definitely not over it

Me too

The part that drives me most mental isn't even Riley's cheating. When that games highlights get replayed on SS the commentator who I think is Robbie Earle says 'nope, not for me, he was looking for it' when the replay of Ferdinand hacking down Freddie is shown.

If I recall the live game, Andy Grey said something like 'it's a big decision' followed by complete silence when the replay showed it being a clear red.

But I'm definitely over it
    To be fair, Andy Grey is pretty clear that there is contact and Ferdinand leans in. He is basically saying it should be a red. He is then massively critical of Riley for not boooking Nevillefor the first awful challenge on Reyes.

However...both he and Tyler find Van Nistelrooy's stamp on Ashley Cole pretty much acceptable and Andy Grey firmly believes that Rooney's dive was a penalty. I cant quite believe either of those.

To be fair, Andy Grey is pretty clear that there is contact and Ferdinand leans in. He is basically saying it should be a red. He is then massively critical of Riley for not boooking Nevillefor the first awful challenge on Reyes.

However...both he and Tyler find Van Nistelrooy's stamp on Ashley Cole pretty much acceptable and Andy Grey firmly believes that Rooney's dive was a penalty. I cant quite believe either of those.
    I think what bothers me is that nobody in the media has ever gone back to that game and asked what the fùck happened? It ought to be infamous.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think what bothers me is that nobody in the media has ever gone back to that game and asked what the fùck happened? It ought to be infamous.
    I'm sure Sky did a bit with G Nev on it, I remember getting angry and turning over

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I'm sure Sky did a bit with G Nev on it, I remember getting angry and turning over
    Yes, I remember him having a good chuckle about it. But quite how a team systematically assaulting the opposition with the collusion of the referee is a subject for chuckles, I'll never know. Why has no-one ever asked Riley to justify himself? Why is it not known as the night that Arsenal were cheated out of their 50 unbeaten game run?