Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So my two favourites football stories so far this year are

So my two favourites football stories so far this year are

the impact of Torreira on Arsenal and the impending implosion of Jose Mourinho in Manchester.

And if I'm honest, I'm taking more pleasure in the latter.

Not only has he alienated Pogba (something some of us predicted the summer he was purchased) but he's now working on the rest of players as well. He knew they were in trouble when it got to Jones and Bailly.

That's bound to go down well in the dressing room, Jose.

Who wants to set a book on him not making it through the year?

I said a while back that he won't be there by Christmas.

Jones missing that penalty, was so utterly inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    the impact of Torreira on Arsenal and the impending implosion of Jose Mourinho in Manchester.

Not only has he alienated Pogba (something some of us predicted the summer he was purchased) but he's now working on the rest of players as well. He knew they were in trouble when it got to Jones and Bailly.

If it is him or Pogba, he goes definitely, and he is hardly making conciliatory moves. The captaincy thing is bizarre - why give it to him in the first place? Seems a touch short-sighted. Suddenly away to West Ham looks a much harder prospect - surviving til Christmas is a longshot.

I'd rather he stayed. He's clearly a spent force; if he goes, they might get someone competent in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'd rather he stayed. He's clearly a spent force; if he goes, they might get someone competent in.
    *Must* you ruin all my fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I think that's why he may stay - not many options around. United fans think they just need to flutter their eyelids and Zizou will come running but I doubt after the hassles with Real he'll take a job with a dressing room in a mess. Pochettino is probably not going to jump ship halfway through a season. Maybe Benitez will take on the job as he did at Chelsea

He's favourite to be the next to go... around 3/1

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...-to-leave-post

he'll be sacked by Christmas.

His MO is fúcking obvious, I'm surprised employers still fall for it.

Initial success, contract extension, turns out he's a massive **** (again), paid off to the tune of c.£20m. Happy daze in the Mourinho house.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    If it is him or Pogba, he goes definitely, and he is hardly making conciliatory moves. The captaincy thing is bizarre - why give it to him in the first place? Seems a touch short-sighted. Suddenly away to West Ham looks a much harder prospect - surviving til Christmas is a longshot.
    I think you're being generous with 'bizarre', it's mind boggling. The only explanations I can come up with for him having told Pogba he will never captain Utd again are that he thinks there is a chance that he can win the battle with Pogba (as you said, he won't) or that Mourinho really has lost it.

I suppose we should never be surprised at what that man's ego is capable of.

I think you're being generous with 'bizarre', it's mind boggling. The only explanations I can come up with for him having told Pogba he will never captain Utd again are that he thinks there is a chance that he can win the battle with Pogba (as you said, he won't) or that Mourinho really has lost it.

I suppose we should never be surprised at what that man's ego is capable of.
    Most of the Man Utd supporters I know would be happy to see the back of the ****.

It must pain them all terribly to see City playing beautiful football and winning things
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I think that's why he may stay - not many options around. United fans think they just need to flutter their eyelids and Zizou will come running but I doubt after the hassles with Real he'll take a job with a dressing room in a mess. Pochettino is probably not going to jump ship halfway through a season. Maybe Benitez will take on the job as he did at Chelsea
    I am rather enjoying the fact that Sanchez is not doing very well there