Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: I've had a tradesman in my house putting in a new bathroom for two weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I distinctly remember having a conversation with you about Beethoven where you were all like 'Nah - tried it, don't like it'.
    Oh, Beethoven I don't like Deep Purple either, doesn't mean I don't like rock music.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh, Beethoven I don't like Deep Purple either, doesn't mean I don't like rock music.
    No. NO.

You can't equate Beethoven and Deep Purple. You just can't. Beethoven (via Haydn, tbf) basically invented the concept of symphonic music. Yes, he was terribly German and sometimes had the subtlety of a housebrick to the temple, but he also created sheer, all-consuming cathedrals of sound that are some of - if not the - greatest moments of music in history.

Deep Purple wrote Smoke on the Water.

No. NO.

You can't equate Beethoven and Deep Purple. You just can't. Beethoven (via Haydn, tbf) basically invented the concept of symphonic music. Yes, he was terribly German and sometimes had the subtlety of a housebrick to the temple, but he also created sheer, all-consuming cathedrals of sound that are some of - if not the - greatest moments of music in history.

Fúcking hell. 'Sheer, all-consuming cathedrals of sound'? Do me a fúcking favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Fúcking hell. 'Sheer, all-consuming cathedrals of sound'? Do me a fúcking favour.
    If you can listen to the culmination of the first movement of the Eroica or the second movement of his seventh without feeling emotionally wrung out, you are leetle beet the dead inside, I'm afraid.

Or deaf. You might just be a bit deaf? Mind you, so was he.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Neither have I. I went through a period when I couldn't watch such games on TV so just switched my phone off and went for a walk. Still had that horrible moment when I switched it back on and checked the score but better than, say, the 5-4 game that could have finished me off
    I was halfway between hungover and freshly drunk and several lines in.....I was watching the game but only just.

No. NO.

Seriously, from 'subtlety of a house brick' onwards that is a ****ing great description of Deep Purple (Gillan era).

Anyone who wants to have a go at Richie Blackmore is a massive, massive ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Seriously, from 'subtlety of a house brick' onwards that is a ****ing great description of Deep Purple (Gillan era).

Anyone who wants to have a go at Richie Blackmore is a massive, massive ****.
    Oh, dear.

From everything I've heard about him, literally everyone he's ever worked with hates Blackmore - hence him changing bands every five minutes.

Oh, dear.

From everything I've heard about him, literally everyone he's ever worked with hates Blackmore - hence him changing bands every five minutes.
    Oh he may well have been a complete ****. I dont think Beethoven was a chap you would go for a beer with.

Genius, all the same.