Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: I've had a tradesman in my house putting in a new bathroom for two weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Actually I'm mad for a bit of Wolfie
    Since when? You've always pooh-poohed classical music as not your sort of thing. Has your woman finally civilised you?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/6555249.stm

an all too familiar summary at the bottom...
    I have absolutely no memory of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Since when? You've always pooh-poohed classical music as not your sort of thing. Has your woman finally civilised you?
    Indeed I have not. Classical, or to be more accurate baroque, music has never been my favourite genre, but I find much of it extremely pleasing.

Nothing wrong with judging a woman for her practical benefits: ability to cook, child-bearing capacity, sauciness, etc. Indeed, these things were once considered far more important than silly, nebulous concepts like 'love'.
    But who doesn't like a woman with sleek lines, who polishes up well, is fast and throaty and can throw you around a bit for pleasure?
    Not that women can't be both practical and 'fun' to be inside, etc.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

But who doesn't like a woman with sleek lines, who polishes up well, is fast and throaty and can throw you around a bit for pleasure?
    Would you say that driving a fast car is very much like making love to a beautiful woman?

That was during Arsene's premature dismantling of The Invincibles. Fúcking Gallas

Arsenal: Lehmann, Eboue, Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Hleb (Senderos 90), Silva, Diaby, Rosicky (Julio Baptista 66), Ljungberg (Fabregas 39), Adebayor. Subs Not Used: Almunia, Denilson.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Would you say that driving a fast car is very much like making love to a beautiful woman?
    Exactly, sc

Neither have I. I went through a period when I couldn't watch such games on TV so just switched my phone off and went for a walk. Still had that horrible moment when I switched it back on and checked the score but better than, say, the 5-4 game that could have finished me off

Indeed I have not. Classical, or to be more accurate baroque, music has never been my favourite genre, but I find much of it extremely pleasing.
    I distinctly remember having a conversation with you about Beethoven where you were all like 'Nah - tried it, don't like it'.

Increasingly, I'd just settle for something quiet.