Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: I've had a tradesman in my house putting in a new bathroom for two weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Michelangelo's David is a lump of rock, turned into something emotionally moving by the hand of a genius. A Mozart concerto is a collection of vibrations detected by the earholes but made beautiful by man. You can see where I'm going with this...
    Yes. And you don't appreciate Mozart Concertos just as I don't appreciate Aston Martinis. People, it would seem, are different. Not always wrong, but different.

Peter "I believe we drew, conceding a late equaliser. I think that may have been the cause of the argument."

If it was that game where Richard Wright dived over the ball in the last minute, no wonder you had the hump -
    Newcastle in November :freezing:
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. And you don't appreciate Mozart Concertos just as I don't appreciate Aston Martinis. People, it would seem, are different. Not always wrong, but different.
    You don't appreciate cars and therefore, under the current school of thinking for those that I disagree with, are evil.

There, I said it.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Northern girls do tend to dress inversely proportional to the outdoor temperature. Therefore, Newcastle is the home of the chilled-wind stiffened nipple.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    You don't appreciate cars and therefore, under the current school of thinking for those that I disagree with, are evil.

There, I said it.
    Who said I don’t appreciate cars? I think they are a marvellous invention and am hugely grateful for their ability to move me from one place to another quickly. Wouldn’t be without them - wd Herr Benz imo.

By the same token, I think computers are marvellous things with lots of benefits. I’m still not going to start knocking one out over the latest MacBook, though.
    Last edited by Burney; 09-25-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Who said I don’t appreciate cars? I think they are a marvellous invention and am hugely grateful for their ability to move me from one place to another quickly. Wouldn’t be without them - wd Herr Benz imo.

By the same token, I think computers are marvellous things with lots of benefits. I’m still not going to start knocking one our over the latest MacBook, though.
    Well, admiring a car for its boot space among its collection of metal and other bits is a bit like admiring a woman for her ability to carry the shopping among her carbon, calcium and other watery bits.

Actually I'm mad for a bit of Wolfie

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Peter "I believe we drew, conceding a late equaliser. I think that may have been the cause of the argument."

If it was that game where Richard Wright dived over the ball in the last minute, no wonder you had the hump -
    No, not that one. It was later than that. Around 07, about that time I think. I seem to remember it finished 2-2

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Well, admiring a car for its boot space among its collection of metal and other bits is a bit like admiring a woman for her ability to carry the shopping among her carbon, calcium and other watery bits.
    Nothing wrong with judging a woman for her practical benefits: ability to cook, child-bearing capacity, sauciness, etc. Indeed, these things were once considered far more important than silly, nebulous concepts like 'love'.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    No, not that one. It was later than that. Around 07, about that time I think. I seem to remember it finished 2-2
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/6555249.stm

an all too familiar summary at the bottom...