Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I've had a tradesman in my house putting in a new bathroom for two weeks now.

Reincarnation's alright on tinned pears
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I suffer the same accusations, b. Just because we are not shiny, happy people it doesnt mean we dont know how to enjoy ourselves.

I do shy away from using the word fun though. It seems incredibly childish and is used by the sort of people I dont really like very much
    When people start going on about 'fun', I figuratively release the safety on my Browning. Such people are deeply suspect.

As Dr Johnson put it: 'Nothing is more hopeless than a scheme of merriment'.

With Sir C , I sense that his soul is so tortured, he'll never get a moments peace even after they've switched the machine off and will continue fretting throughout eternity

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A kitchen could be anything depending on size and, most importantly, the worktops. Are you going for Corian or marble? Prepare for a 40 grand bill.
    Oh Does one not get granite any more?

Never trust a man who smiles all the time
    There's something wrong with them
    e.g. Richard Branson

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    With Sir C , I sense that his soul is so tortured, he'll never get a moments peace even after they've switched the machine off and will continue fretting throughout eternity
    Oh, you don't buy all that 'tortured soul' bit, do you? He only puts that on to look deep and pull the birds.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Oh Does one not get granite any more?
    Formica and melamine are wonder materials, p.

Have you had to actually talk to this tradesman and converse in his own language ?

i.e. "Awright ma'e ? Ow's i' 'angin' ? "

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This has been another cause of major expenditure lately. The arseholes who lived there before covered everything in woodchip. I feared this might be because the walls were iffy, but no. The walls were fine. These cùnts just liked woodchip if you can fùcking believe it. They need locking up.
    One of the first places I moved into had that, paint it on artex in every room. This was impossible to remove, so I had to have all of the walls re skimmed with plaster.. C*nts !

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Have you had to actually talk to this tradesman and converse in his own language ?

i.e. "Awright ma'e ? Ow's i' 'angin' ? "
    I've said hello. And at one point he asked about my cider factory. He told me some story about having made beetroot wine and getting 'properly fùcked' on it.