Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I've had a tradesman in my house putting in a new bathroom for two weeks now.

Burney "First flat I moved into after University had an avocado suite. That was in 1995, so it'd probably been there 20 years."

There must have been flock wallpaper glued to the walls too
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Don't really understand the concept of driving being 'fun', tbh.
    The feeling of acceleration?
    G-force around corners?
    Wondering if your brakes will actually stop you in time?

Driving is great. Driving in traffic isn't.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I think you can accuse me of many things, but having no sense of fun is not among them.

I'm actually slightly hurt.
    There there lamb, don't take it to heart. Amongst your many fine qualities, one doesn't instantly think of a light-hearted joie de vivre, does one? I mean, you do tend to condemn the majority of human activities as pointless or shít, do you not? This doesn't make you any less an admirable person, just a somewhat curmudgeonly admirable person.

What was it with the 1970s? Everything was either the colour of bodily waste or it was day-glo. Had pastels not been invented?
    The orange is still somewhat shocking when one thinks back. I swear we had orange and borwn wallpaper at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    There must have been flock wallpaper glued to the walls too
    Wood chip wallpaper.
    What a **** that stuff was to remove.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There there lamb, don't take it to heart. Amongst your many fine qualities, one doesn't instantly think of a light-hearted joie de vivre, does one? I mean, you do tend to condemn the majority of human activities as pointless or shít, do you not? This doesn't make you any less an admirable person, just a somewhat curmudgeonly admirable person.
    Oh, I reserve the right to condemn human activities as pointless, but I don't think that has anything to do with not having a sense of fun. It merely speaks of a sense of perspective.

Oh, I reserve the right to condemn human activities as pointless, but I don't think that has anything to do with not having a sense of fun. It merely speaks of a sense of perspective.
    Yes. You know how when you're arrested you have the right to remain silent in case you make matters worse?

Well. That.

IUFG "Wood chip wallpaper. What a **** that stuff was to remove."

Ours was as sturdy as good quality cardboard
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Wood chip wallpaper.
    What a **** that stuff was to remove.
    This has been another cause of major expenditure lately. The arseholes who lived there before covered everything in woodchip. I feared this might be because the walls were iffy, but no. The walls were fine. These cůnts just liked woodchip if you can fůcking believe it. They need locking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The orange is still somewhat shocking when one thinks back. I swear we had orange and borwn wallpaper at one point.
    The family home had a lovely orange and brown swirly patterned wallpaper. Green carpet. Red curtains.

The rise and fall, pull down Orange lamp over the dining table just topped it all off.