Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No love for Chas Hodges on here, as I would expect. For anyone remotely interested

No love for Chas Hodges on here, as I would expect. For anyone remotely interested

He was a genuinely lovely bloke and an outstanding musician.

You just had to steer past the whole spurs thing.

I will miss him. RIP Chas....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

I've seen lots of references to his outstanding musicianship.

This is the bloke who thrilled us with such musical works of art as 'Gertcha' and 'Rabbit'.

Proper little Mozart, clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

This is the bloke who thrilled us with such musical works of art as 'Gertcha' and 'Rabbit'.

Snooker loopy was a classic!

He knowingly and with malice aforethought supported Spurs, received a fulsome tribute from Ossie Ardiles and voluntarily lived near Stevenage.

No excuse for any of that imo.

'Little Mozart'

tomas-rosicky.jpg

I dont recall Mozart writing anything that could compete with the Sideboard Song or Ain't No Pleasing You.

He played guitar, bass and piano with Jerry Lee Lewis, Bill Haley, Gene Vincent, with The Outlaws featuring Richie Blackmore, with Albert Lee, Deep Purple.......

Whatever you think of him, the dude could play anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He knowingly and with malice aforethought supported Spurs, received a fulsome tribute from Ossie Ardiles and voluntarily lived near Stevenage.

No excuse for any of that imo.
    Remind me where you live, b??

Lets not judge a chap by postcode. I live in Colchester....

I have already accepted that you have to look past the Spurs thing. I have lifelong friends who support them. Its what happens if you grow up in North London.

I dont recall Mozart writing anything that could compete with the Sideboard Song or Ain't No Pleasing You.

He played guitar, bass and piano with Jerry Lee Lewis, Bill Haley, Gene Vincent, with The Outlaws featuring Richie Blackmore, with Albert Lee, Deep Purple.......

God gave him talent sufficient to play with great musicians, and he expressed that talent by writing Ossie's Dream?

He's basically gobbed in God's eye there, Clive.

Yes. When he completed his transcendentally beautiful Clarinet Concerto in A Major, I'll just bet Wolfgang was really wishing he could hammer away at an out-of-tune piano while singing about whelks instead.

Remind me where you live, b??

Lets not judge a chap by postcode. I live in Colchester....

I have already accepted that you have to look past the Spurs thing. I have lifelong friends who support them. Its what happens if you grow up in North London.
    It's true I live in SG12 - but that is still half an hour away from Stevenage.

I've stopped asking people about football. The place is full of 'Them'.