Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    No way will she quit
    I did rather think that

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I did rather think that
    May going on and on and on. Silly cow

apparently, all media summoned to statement from PM
    We do rather seem to be lurching towards hard Brexit, don't we? Surely a deal will be reached at the last minute. It's in no party's interest for Britain to leave without a deal.

Also, I do not want to move to Germany which is what is very likely to happen if we don't have passporting rights/equivalence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    We do rather seem to be lurching towards hard Brexit, don't we? Surely a deal will be reached at the last minute. It's in no party's interest for Britain to leave without a deal.

Also, I do not want to move to Germany which is what is very likely to happen if we don't have passporting rights/equivalence.
    The problem is multiplied by the fact that it's in the EU's interest to let us get out with anything approaching a good deal or they'll all want out!

The problem is multiplied by the fact that it's in the EU's interest to let us get out with anything approaching a good deal or they'll all want out!
    Yes, well I have to say that we did[/I] know this prior to the referendum. I really hope MPs get a vote on a compromise deal or no deal. They wouldn't vote for no deal as it has the potential to be catastrophic in the short to medium term.

This is not really true. Most of the members are very happy in the EU and not interested in leaving.

This is simply May talking tough ahead of caving in. She has been dealt a pretty ****ty hand and is not playing it very well. We are going to leave on the EU's terms, I'm afraid.

As the Brexiteers are so fond of telling us, it doesnt matter. all that matters is that we leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    This is not really true. Most of the members are very happy in the EU and not interested in leaving.

This is simply May talking tough ahead of caving in. She has been dealt a pretty ****ty hand and is not playing it very well. We are going to leave on the EU's terms, I'm afraid.

As the Brexiteers are so fond of telling us, it doesnt matter. all that matters is that we leave.
    Of course they’re happy. It’s only us and the Germans that put in more than we get out ..

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Of course they’re happy. It’s only us and the Germans that put in more than we get out ..
    So we are agreed.