Thread: CARWimb - Engine mapping

CARWimb - Engine mapping

worth doing or not?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    worth doing or not?
    What is that?

worth doing or not?
    Depends who's doing it and who what you want from it.

The manufacturer has programmed the ECU for the best emissions results. If the new chip is programmed bluntly just for performance only, you'll fúck your fuel consumption and limit your engine life as well as potentially fúcking the catalytic converter. If it's programmed sensibly it will be more of a compromise.

Of course your warranty will be instantly invalidated and you might struggle with MOTs...

How much more performance do you need?

Caveat emptor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Depends who's doing it and who what you want from it.

The manufacturer has programmed the ECU for the best emissions results. If the new chip is programmed bluntly just for performance only, you'll fúck your fuel consumption and limit your engine life as well as potentially fúcking the catalytic converter. If it's programmed sensibly it will be more of a compromise.

Of course your warranty will be instantly invalidated and you might struggle with MOTs...

How much more performance do you need?

Caveat emptor.
    It's 2.0 TDI on my Audi. I'd heard that essentially manufacturers use the same engine for years and mysteriously the BHP increases and this basically down to improving the mapping with each new iteration of the car.....conspiracy theory?

It's 174 BHP currently......a little more couldn't hurt

174 horses on a car!! I've 150 on my motorbike mate. What kind of

It's 2.0 TDI on my Audi. I'd heard that essentially manufacturers use the same engine for years and mysteriously the BHP increases and this basically down to improving the mapping with each new iteration of the car.....conspiracy theory?

girly girly cissy boy wagon you driving around?

I have a 435d. Thinking of doing it too but not sure what gains I will get. Think it has about 340bhp but also 600 units of torque.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    girly girly cissy boy wagon you driving around?
    A5 Sportback, I do think it needs to be over 200. It's actually 177bhp

They'll use the same iteration of engine for different power output / economy - which is all down to the ECU programming. Most manufacturers use an engine for about 5/6 years. They are currently going hollow to try and lighten them...

The most you'll get out of a 2.0D is around 200ps. That'll get you 0-60 in 8 seconds or under.

The difference will be in how much fuel it lets through and how soon and long the turbos spin, etc.

You should notify your insurers that your car has been modded.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    They'll use the same iteration of engine for different power output / economy - which is all down to the ECU programming. Most manufacturers use an engine for about 5/6 years. They are currently going hollow to try and lighten them...

The most you'll get out of a 2.0D is around 200ps. That'll get you 0-60 in 8 seconds or under.

The difference will be in how much fuel it lets through and how soon and long the turbos spin, etc.

You should notify your insurers that your car has been modded.
    That would be slightly disappointing as it's already doing 0-60 in 7.6