Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/09/01

11/09/01

A truly remarkable day. I went to an Italian restaurant for lunch and then a different Italian restaurant for dinner.

It's not every day you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A truly remarkable day. I went to an Italian restaurant for lunch and then a different Italian restaurant for dinner.

It's not every day you do that.
    I was on gardening leave and went to a driving range in the morning, had lunch in Beckenham and then toddled off home to watch stuff falling down on the telly. Cracking day.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was on gardening leave and went to a driving range in the morning, had lunch in Beckenham and then toddled off home to watch stuff falling down on the telly. Cracking day.
    I had the calve's liver with butter and sage for lunch. Some nice crunchy sauté potatoes, as I recall. I can't remember dinner so it must have been a bit dull.

I'd only bought my flat 5 days earlier and had the week off, I could have lunched with ya, where were you at B?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

I was on a working lunch in the office at The Sun and saw what was happening, got the Commercial Director to wheel out his telly and we all sat around watching it until the bomb threats started coming into our office and nearby Canary Wharf and we were all sent home/to the pub.

An extremely wd to the pub, on that day

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I had the calve's liver with butter and sage for lunch. Some nice crunchy sauté potatoes, as I recall. I can't remember dinner so it must have been a bit dull.
    I do love a calf's liver. I rarely get it these days as the missus has a horror of liver.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I was on a working lunch in the office at The Sun and saw what was happening, got the Commercial Director to wheel out his telly and we all sat around watching it until the bomb threats started coming into our office and nearby Canary Wharf and we were all sent home/to the pub.

An extremely wd to the pub, on that day
    They never told us of the bomb threats. Of course there is an outside chance we were already in the pub of course. Terrible day. Ashley Cole bring down the Mallorca striker to give away that silly penalty and getting sent off

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    I'd only bought my flat 5 days earlier and had the week off, I could have lunched with ya, where were you at B?
    I think it was The George, bb. Sadly, these were my pre-Awimb days.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    They never told us of the bomb threats. Of course there is an outside chance we were already in the pub of course. Terrible day. Ashley Cole bring down the Mallorca striker to give away that silly penalty and getting sent off
    That's right. Wasn't that game Lauren's return to Real Mallorca?

That's right. Wasn't that game Lauren's return to Real Mallorca?
    it was indeed - we should have had a pen in the second half. Ref was a ****