Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 11/09/01

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No. But it was always a shìt idea, really, wasn't it?
    The darts at Christmas had a little bit of novelty value.

The football was shocking. All shot at a low level to try and give a bit of depth perception which meant you didn't actually see that much on screen. And, if I wanted to see a football match in 3D, I would actually fúcking attend one.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I've done that loads of times.

In Italy of course.
    This is a very good point, f.

I think we can all agree that 9/11 would have been much better in HD with surround sound, iufg.
    that was a strange period for tv. if you watch a music video or a football match from the same time they are very poor and fuzzy quality.
    where as stuff from the 80s and 90s was much clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I don't think they care, particularly. It was just a spectacular event and therefore exciting. They're quitre childlike, really.
    I quite enjoyed it, really. It felt like proper news.

What was the stand-out moment of 9/11 for you? The collapse of the towers was spectacular, but I felt the second plane hitting was the most dramatic, since that was when you knew for certain it was deliberate.
    Up until then it was all a tragic accident, then that hit and it was suddenly 'oh'

What was the stand-out moment of 9/11 for you? The collapse of the towers was spectacular, but I felt the second plane hitting was the most dramatic, since that was when you knew for certain it was deliberate.
    The collapse, I think. While the twoers were burning I was thinking about the casualties on the flights and wondering how long it would take the fire brigade to put the flames out; at the point the buildings collapsed it hit home that thousands of people were likely to be dead.

Plane no.2 was the most dramatic because it was captured live

In second place were the collapsing towers
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Pat Vegas "that was a strange period for tv. if you watch a music video or a football match from the same time they are very poor and fuzzy quality.
    where as stuff from the 80s and 90s was much clearer"

Those cheap 'look back' shows just pinch material from online for their source materials
    My 20th century VHS recordings were/are much clearer than the ones they pinch
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    that was a strange period for tv. if you watch a music video or a football match from the same time they are very poor and fuzzy quality.
    where as stuff from the 80s and 90s was much clearer.
    V early days of digital storage, f.
    They ended up compressing the video image into such ****ty files all sorts of definition was lost.

If you watch these Sky Premier League years things, I don't remember the live picture being anywhere near as bad as the recordings. Plus modern TVs make the old compressed SD video look even worse.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I quite enjoyed it, really. It felt like proper news.
    See also: The carpet bombing of Baghdad during Bush's 'Shock & Awe' campaign.