Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 11/09/01

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I quite enjoyed it, really. It felt like proper news.
    We'd never heard of Al-Qaeda, had we? I remember syaing to someone, "It must have been the PLO, the yanks are going to have to ask Israel nicely if they can nuke 'em."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The collapse, I think. While the twoers were burning I was thinking about the casualties on the flights and wondering how long it would take the fire brigade to put the flames out; at the point the buildings collapsed it hit home that thousands of people were likely to be dead.
    The first collapse did have the advantage of surprise. No-one expected it, did they? :jetfuelcan'tmeltsteelbeams:

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Plane no.2 was the most dramatic because it was captured live

In second place were the collapsing towers
    Agreed. I remember thinking it must have been an accident until the second won. As b says, at that point you knew...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Agreed. I remember thinking it must have been an accident until the second won. As b says, at that point you knew...
    and at that stage they didn't report what type of aircraft it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    and at that stage they didn't report what type of aircraft it was.
    Were they all 777s? Makes you wonder why a 747 wasn't selected. Harder to access the flight deck, what with it being upstairs, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We'd never heard of Al-Qaeda, had we? I remember syaing to someone, "It must have been the PLO, the yanks are going to have to ask Israel nicely if they can nuke 'em."
    I remember we'd only just heard of the lad Bin Laden. He'd been doing some shiz in Africa, hadn't he?

Imagine how pleased they all must have been that evening, though. There's no way they could have been expecting to get a result as good as that. Bet they cracked open a few bottles that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Were they all 777s? Makes you wonder why a 747 wasn't selected.
    they were all domestic flights where it was bit more chilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Were they all 777s? Makes you wonder why a 747 wasn't selected.
    Two 767s and two 757s.

also another part was you didn't know what was coming next or where.
    could it be going on all day?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Bet they cracked open a few bottles that night.
    Bottles of what, b?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”