Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's a man after my own heart on the subject of space.

Here's a man after my own heart on the subject of space.

Spoiler: it's shìt and not worth bothering with.

https://www.indy100.com/article/apol...borman-8529971

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Spoiler: it's shìt and not worth bothering with.

https://www.indy100.com/article/apol...borman-8529971
    Are you not excited by the quest to to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before?

Seriously though. Consider if your ancestors had shared your (to put it mildly) disturbing parochialism. You would still be sitting in a muddy field somewhere in County Bumfúck, using your own shít to fertilise your potatoes and dying when the crop failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Are you not excited by the quest to to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before?

Seriously though. Consider if your ancestors had shared your (to put it mildly) disturbing parochialism. You would still be sitting in a muddy field somewhere in County Bumfúck, using your own shít to fertilise your potatoes and dying when the crop failed.
    No, I'm very keen on exploring the earth as it involves places I might one day want to go to. Space, on the other hand, is an irrelevance.

No, I'm very keen on exploring the earth as it involves places I might one day want to go to. Space, on the other hand, is an irrelevance.
    Unless we get invaded, which would actually be quite interesting

Why? How do you know it's irrelevant? If you don't look, you'll never find what's there.

"I'm very keen on exploring County Bumfúck as it involves places I might want to go. The ocean beyond the horizon, on the other hand, is an irrelevance."

Well maybe he'd everything he needed in Co Bumfúck? Potatoes, puccine and a primitive

Why? How do you know it's irrelevant? If you don't look, you'll never find what's there.

"I'm very keen on exploring County Bumfúck as it involves places I might want to go. The ocean beyond the horizon, on the other hand, is an irrelevance."
    version of his wánking shed - something like a wánking hovel dug into the earth - no curtains of course.

It's called 'space' because there's fùck all there, mate. Clue's in the name. Duh!

It's called 'space' because there's fùck all there, mate. Clue's in the name. Duh!
    There be dragons, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    version of his wánking shed - something like a wánking hovel dug into the earth - no curtains of course.
    It's 'poteen' or 'poitín'. Unless you're suggesting I'm listening to Puccini, of course. In which case you also can't spell that.

There be dragons, maybe.
    Look, it's fair enough popping up there for a bit of a look, but once it became clear there's nothing of interest to us there, we should have fùcked the whole idea out the window and stopped pìssing away money on it. I mean the Moon - what a fùcking let-down that was!