Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just looking at test records in the light of Cook becoming the fifth highest scorer

Just looking at test records in the light of Cook becoming the fifth highest scorer

and it's forced me to conclude that Jacques Kallis must be the most underrated great player in history.

Only Tendulkar and Ponting have scored more than him (13,289 runs at 55.37) and he took 292 wickets at at 32.65.

Only Sobers can hold a candle to him as an all-rounder. It's an incredible record.

wd jk

Stuck a twenty on him this morning at 7/2 to get a century.

Hopefully grinds it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Seems a good bet to me. Currently, the Indians aren't even trying to get them out - just trying to stem the flow of runs. They'll have to get themselves out at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

There you go, t. 70 quid.

Beer's on you then T?

Quote Originally Posted by tony c View Post
    stuck a twenty on him this morning at 7/2 to get a century.

***************free money*************************

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Beer's on you then T?
    Bit of a pìssy little bet imo. I had t down as a proper high roller type. 20 quid at 7-2 strikes me as the bet of a man trying to eke out his giro. I am disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    and it's forced me to conclude that Jacques Kallis must be the most underrated great player in history.

Only Tendulkar and Ponting have scored more than him (13,289 runs at 55.37) and he took 292 wickets at at 32.65.

Only Sobers can hold a candle to him as an all-rounder. It's an incredible record.

wd jk
    I’m pretty sure that I’ve been poo-pooed here when suggesting Jacques is the greatest modern day cricketer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I’m pretty sure that I’ve been poo-pooed here when suggesting Jacques is the greatest modern day cricketer.
    No pooh-poohing from me, r.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No pooh-poohing from me, r.
    You were never very complimentary about him in the past, b. Mainly because he as dull to watch ironically. Bucket hands at slip as well. 200-plus catches I believe