Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Women eh....

Women eh....

Former Grand Slam champion and BBC presenter Sue Barker says Williams "has a point" in her criticism of the umpire.

"I've sat courtside watching the men ranting at umpires and they haven't been given a violation," said Barker.

12-time Grand Slam champion and all-round tennis legend Billie Jean King has backed Williams.

She said: "When a woman is emotional, she's 'hysterical' and she's penalised for it. When a man does the same, he's 'outspoken' and there are no repercussions.

"Thank you, Serena Williams, for calling out this double standard. More voices are needed to do the same."

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Former Grand Slam champion and BBC presenter Sue Barker says Williams "has a point" in her criticism of the umpire.

"I've sat courtside watching the men ranting at umpires and they haven't been given a violation," said Barker.

12-time Grand Slam champion and all-round tennis legend Billie Jean King has backed Williams.

She said: "When a woman is emotional, she's 'hysterical' and she's penalised for it. When a man does the same, he's 'outspoken' and there are no repercussions.

"Thank you, Serena Williams, for calling out this double standard. More voices are needed to do the same."

I thought Serena overstepped the mark and threw shade on Osaka, tbh.

And detracted from the fact she was thrashed. . .
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

I thought her behaviour was totally unacceptable.

images.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I thought Serena overstepped the mark and threw shade on Osaka, tbh.

And detracted from the fact she was thrashed. . .
    She is one píssy loser eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    She is one píssy loser eh?
    No, it's all to do with sexism, apparently, h. Not because she's a cůnt or anything.

I can only assume she's keeping the racism card up her sleeve for if this really goes bad for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No, it's all to do with sexism, apparently, h. Not because she's a cůnt or anything.

I can only assume she's keeping the racism card up her sleeve for if this really goes bad for her.
    Not her, but others are saying this is racist...

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”