Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The glw is halfway through her (two months) notice and has now

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That's why she's changed her job actually. 4 days a week wfh, one day a week in Brighton.

12 years she's done that commute into the west end. I must say, I have enormous respect for her staying power.
    God, is it 12 years? I remember when she first got that job. Tempus fuggit, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Do you nip down to your local for lunch when you WFH, Burney?

Not sure I have ever WFH and not popped down the Red Lion for two pints of ale and a roast gammon sandwich with lashings of mustard. And a packet of crisps to start, of course.
    Oh, yes. The Brewery Tap for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    God, is it 12 years? I remember when she first got that job. Tempus fuggit, eh?
    Tempus certainly do fugg, and no mistake. She went in as a production administrator

She's clever, for a bird.

Tempus certainly do fugg, and no mistake. She went in as a production administrator

She's clever, for a bird.
    Yes. And when she met you, she was basically sitting around scratching herself for a living, wasn’t she?
    I reckon you can claim some of the credit for her professional transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. And when she met you, she was basically sitting around scratching herself for a living, wasn’t she?
    I reckon you can claim some of the credit for her professional transformation.
    I think no one had ever explained to her that she's got a brain the size of a planet and the capability to do anything she'd like - coupled with growing up in an environment where earning a living is seen as a little vulgar, she hadn't really seen a career as an option.

I think no one had ever explained to her that she's got a brain the size of a planet and the capability to do anything she'd like - coupled with growing up in an environment where earning a living is seen as a little vulgar, she hadn't really seen a career as an option.
    I remember how you used to go and pick her up from St Mary Cray every evening like a protective mother hen. It was quite sweet.