Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm newbie. I love Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Maybe they gave you the authentic Indonesian nasi goreng.

Indonesian food is... odd.
    The Dutch are mental for it, though. All I can say about it is that there can't be many Indonesians with peanut allergies because every fecking thing is full of peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The Dutch are mental for it, though. All I can say about it is that there can't be many Indonesians with peanut allergies because every fecking thing is full of peanuts.
    I've had some amazing Indonesian meals in Holland. I remember a dish of fried bananas covered in a tomato sauce with fried eggs on top that gave me some pause for thought.

I've had some amazing Indonesian meals in Holland. I remember a dish of fried bananas covered in a tomato sauce with fried eggs on top that gave me some pause for thought.
    But you ordered that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But you ordered that, right?
    I think it came as part of a rijstafel.

I must confess I did once encounter a Nasi Goreng outside of southEast Asia that was

delicious and that was indeed a small Indonesian pit-stop just off the the Leidseplein in A'dam in '79 and then again in 92 when I returned and found it remarkably unchanged, when I thought I had discovered Nirvana on Earth in that city.

Do you know, I know people who have spent extended periods of time in Amsterdam and never even tried a schpliff. One fella who worked there for a year! How is that possible?

I've had that

In Spain

Quite a lot. It's a staple part of the dinner rotation menu at the family home. I had always assumed it was a Spanish dish. They serve it with rice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    I've had that

In Spain

Quite a lot. It's a staple part of the dinner rotation menu at the family home. I had always assumed it was a Spanish dish. They serve it with rice as well.
    Christ, I'd have thought Spaniards had more sense.