Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I see here the Archbishop of Canterbury has stuck the boot in.

I see here the Archbishop of Canterbury has stuck the boot in.

Serves you right, you greedy little pigs. Higher taxes, the whole nine yards.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/04/w...gtype=Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Serves you right, you greedy little pigs. Higher taxes, the whole nine yards.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/04/w...gtype=Homepage
    Yes. A clergyman is quite obviously 'the man' to go to when it comes to macro-economic advice
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Yes. A clergyman is quite obviously 'the man' to go to when it comes to macro-economic advice
    Not just the clergyman, though, is it? It's God himself, speaking through this vessel that is the Archbishop. You're all fvcked now.
    Last edited by eastgermanautos; 09-05-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Not just the clergyman, though, is it? It's God himself, speaking through this vessel that is the Archbishop. You're all fvcked now.
    'God' doesn't exist, you fúcking crackpot.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

'God' doesn't exist, you fúcking crackpot.
    Also, he’s a dirty heretic.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    tbf he runs a company that makes more money than McDonalds - should know a thing or two about economics. Or avoiding tax

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    ah, but what if the Allans are right?

That'd make yer Pope (aka Head Kiddiefiddler) a heretic (kaffir) too...

Not to mention the Jewishers.

But then again, isn't it just one 'God' that simply doesn't exist? The rest is just made up detail.

You see, these religious types making things complicated when actually it is all very simple.

ah, but what if the Allans are right?

That'd make yer Pope (aka Head Kiddiefiddler) a heretic (kaffir) too...

Not to mention the Jewishers.

But then again, isn't it just one 'God' that simply doesn't exist? The rest is just made up detail.

You see, these religious types making things complicated when actually it is all very simple.
    Don't be mixing up Ganesha with all your bog-standard beard gods. He has AN ELEPHANT'S HEAD - if he didn't exist we would have to make him up

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Don't be mixing up Ganesha with all your bog-standard beard gods. He has AN ELEPHANT'S HEAD - if he didn't exist we would have to make him up
    Elephant's Head?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Elephant's Head?

Ah - many memories of late nights in there. Is it actually still going. Did look in the Oxford Arms when I was back last Christmas but that seems to be even more of a dive then I remember