Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Good grief, I've never seen so many bed wetters on Twitter.

Good grief, I've never seen so many bed wetters on Twitter.

Grown adults are virtually throwing themselves off of bridges at the prospect of leaving the EU.
    These people are livid.
    There are broadcasters who spend the entire day posting stuff about Brexit. It must be so time consuming.

Is this the end of civilisation as we know it ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Grown adults are virtually throwing themselves off of bridges at the prospect of leaving the EU.
    These people are livid.
    There are broadcasters who spend the entire day posting stuff about Brexit. It must be so time consuming.

Is this the end of civilisation as we know it ?
    I think they're finally realising that, in whatever form, it's actually going to happen.

The really extraordinary thing at the moment is how it's all happening. You currently have the Tory Brexiteer ERG more closely aligned with Barnier than they are with their own Prime Minister despite the fact that what both Barnier and the ERG are advocating is the adoption of the same deal that PM proposed at Lancaster House. Meanwhile, in pursuit of her unworkable Chequers plan, the PM seems ready to collapse her government entirely.

It's genuinely bizarre. She'll have to go.
    Last edited by Burney; 09-04-2018 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think they're finally realising that, in whatever form, it's actually going to happen.

The really extraordinary thing at the moment is how it's all happening. You currently have the Tory Brexiteer ERG more closely aligned with Barnier than they are with their own Prime Minister despite the fact that what both Barnier and the ERG are advocating is the adoption of the same deal that PM proposed at Lancaster House. Meanwhile, in pursuit of her unworkable Chequers plan, the PM seems ready to collapse her government entirely.

It's genuinely bizarre. She'll have to go.
    So b, given your legendary ability to read the political landscape with such uncanny prescience, can you assure me that there is no prospect whatsoever of that scruffy shambolic **** Boris Johnson ever occupying Number 10?

I mean fer fuxake he doesn't even seem capable of brushing his hair. I'll bet the **** can't wipe his arse either!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    So b, given your legendary ability to read the political landscape with such uncanny prescience, can you assure me that there is no prospect whatsoever of that scruffy shambolic **** Boris Johnson ever occupying Number 10?

I mean fer fuxake he doesn't even seem capable of brushing his hair. I'll bet the **** can't wipe his arse either!
    Oh, no. There's every hope. May's premiership has been so inadequate to the task that I think it has sounded the death knell for the technocratic, centrist placeholder for years to come. The party is going to have to get that or die on its arse and be replaced by something more right wing. It's going to be a wild ride from here on in.

Oh, no. There's every hope. May's premiership has been so inadequate to the task that I think it has sounded the death knell for the technocratic, centrist placeholder for years to come. The party is going to have to get that or die on its arse and be replaced by something more right wing. It's going to be a wild ride from here on in.
    Be realistic. Nobody wants that job at the moment and nobody will want it until we are out of the EU and the mess is officially May's fault. Currently, PM is a worse job than being the England manager. Or even the Arsenal manager....

Well one thing I am certain of if he does get the keys, is that it will be only a couple of months before he engenders your very deepest odium and I look forward to seeing you craft your finest vitriol for him

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Be realistic. Nobody wants that job at the moment and nobody will want it until we are out of the EU and the mess is officially May's fault. Currently, PM is a worse job than being the England manager. Or even the Arsenal manager....
    She wanted it. She got it. She fùcked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Well one thing I am certain of if he does get the keys, is that it will be only a couple of months before he engenders your very deepest odium and I look forward to seeing you craft your finest vitriol for him
    Oh, I think Boris is a charlatan with few or no intellectual or ideological underpinnings. For all that, however, he is preferable to all the current alternatives (other than Jacob Rees-Mogg PBUH, of course).