Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There are loads of hops growing wild near where I live. This has led me to consider

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    You would drink Budweiser and/or Fosters?

Even Northampton brewed San Miguel is borderline...

FFS
    Yup

Because, IUFG, I am not a beer snob. Like any sensible chap, I'm quite happy drinking either lager or bitter depending on the circumstance.

And anyone who says that Czech lagers and Polish lagers etc etc are far superior to Bud or San Miguel are either pretentious liars or they have taste bud issues.

Nowt wrong with a cold can of Bud. Lovely stuff.

Even Northampton brewed San Miguel is borderline...
    It varies quite a lot in quality actually, from a bit foul to quite ok. As does much of the UK-brewed canned lager I find. Safer to get the Polish stuff imo.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yup

Because, IUFG, I am not a beer snob. Like any sensible chap, I'm quite happy drinking either lager or bitter depending on the circumstance.

And anyone who says that Czech lagers and Polish lagers etc etc are far superior to Bud or San Miguel are either pretentious liars or they have taste bud issues.

Says the man who slags off Spitfire and other ales. I had a lovely bottle of Stavropramen the other night.

Yup

I like a lager as much as the next man, but would certainly draw the line at (American) Budweiser and Fosters. They're like piss.

Czech beers? I found Krusovice 12 to be very enjoyable.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I like a lager as much as the next man, but would certainly draw the line at (American) Budweiser and Fosters. They're like piss.

Czech beers? I found Krusovice 12 to be very enjoyable.
    I've drank quite a bit of Krusovice in the pub. Is good. Not seen it in the shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Says the man who slags off Spitfire and other ales. I had a lovely bottle of Stavropramen the other night.
    Saying you don't like a particular bitter or lager does not make you a beer snob. Slagging off lager generally or American lager etc does.

If you put Budweiser in a foreign labeled can the majority of those who slag it off would drink it and enjoy it. It's that whole 'let's hate anything mass produced by Americans' thing the Brits love to do. Bizarrely, no matter how much of mass produced American stuff they seem to eat and drink. See also Starbucks, McDonalds and KFC.

It varies quite a lot in quality actually, from a bit foul to quite ok. As does much of the UK-brewed canned lager I find. Safer to get the Polish stuff imo.
    Tyskie is a fine drop
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I've drank quite a bit of Krusovice in the pub. Is good. Not seen it in the shops.
    I don't think you can get it in UK shops.

Saying you don't like a particular bitter or lager does not make you a beer snob. Slagging off lager generally or American lager etc does.

If you put Budweiser in a foreign labeled can the majority of those who slag it off would drink it and enjoy it. It's that whole 'let's hate anything mass produced by Americans' thing the Brits love to do. Bizarrely, no matter how much of mass produced American stuff they seem to eat and drink. See also Starbucks, McDonalds and KFC.
    Budweiser has rice in it. Rice. Rice has no place in beer. None.

Actually, worse even than Budweiser and Fosters is that repulsive Carling stuff. Which is, of course, entirely the fault of the Canadians.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Budweiser has rice in it. Rice. Rice has no place in beer. None.

Actually, worse even than Budweiser and Fosters is that repulsive Carling stuff. Which is, of course, entirely the fault of the Canadians.
    Who cares what was put in it if it tastes good.

Carling? I thought that was an English lager? Seemed very popular in Newcastle when I was up there once.