Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I had a walk around my old neighbourhood in Palmers Green yesterday evening

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Down my auntie's road. Damned if I can remember the name of it. Sandringham Road?
    Up near the cemetery, Unigate Dairy way? I lived the other side of the Brigstock Road, but my sisters went to Ecclesbourne infants.

It's a fair point. I wonder how any of us would have faired walking about

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's odd, because in terms of casual violence at least, those were actually much more violent times. However, we're much more sensitised to the threat of violence these days and thus perceive it everywhere in a way we didn't then.
    St Georges in the East, near wapping, back in the mid 1800's ?

I got mugged in broad daylight in Thornton Heath in 1978.
    Mugged! Who on earth dared to mug a great ugly brute like you c?

I know a fella who was so hard, when two scums tried to mug him he told them "Yeah.. I got a fair bit of cash in my wallet. If you can get it you can have it". I trust you did similar c?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Mugged! Who on earth dared to mug a great ugly brute like you c?

I know a fella who was so hard, when two scums tried to mug him he told them "Yeah.. I got a fair bit of cash in my wallet. If you can get it you can have it". I trust you did similar c?
    Ha. I was 13, and there were several large fellows involved. To my credit, I didn't cry.

Ha. I was 13, and there were several large fellows involved. To my credit, I didn't cry.
    "Several large fellows" ya lyin' cont. One scruffy chav and his sister and you gave it up without a fight like a trembly lipped little toff.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    St Georges in the East, near wapping, back in the mid 1800's ?
    Hawksmoor