Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cook gone

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Possible not at the same time. We have a Willey and Ball in the one-day squad at the moment
    Bit insensitive, la.

Going to be at his last Test Although I rather want to see Kohli bat
    This may sound ungrateful but shouldn't he just **** off? We have a dead rubber to look at someone else ahead of the winter tours.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    This may sound ungrateful but shouldn't he just **** off? We have a dead rubber to look at someone else ahead of the winter tours.
    Watching Alistair Cook bat one more time is no-one's idea of a life-enhancing experience.

This is David Lloyd's view on Twitter and has some merit. I think we will bring in one batsman anyway and the fuss around Cook may take some pressure off whoever that is. Series is won so we can afford to be generous to a legend of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Bit insensitive, la.
    Sorry b - terribly rude of me

This is David Lloyd's view on Twitter and has some merit. I think we will bring in one batsman anyway and the fuss around Cook may take some pressure off whoever that is. Series is won so we can afford to be generous to a legend of the game
    I think its time to have another look at Vince at three

I think its time to have another look at Vince at three
    I'm all for having Bell back before we give that soft **** another go

I'm all for having Bell back before we give that soft **** another go
    THere is a similarity between the two isnt there

I do think the selectors are moving about too much. I thought Vince deserved a longer run, Stoneman too. Moeen in and out, the whole Rashid business.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Watching Alistair Cook bat one more time is no-one's idea of a life-enhancing experience.
    England's all tie leading run scorer in test cricket, no? Miles ahead of Boycott presumably?

THere is a similarity between the two isnt there

I do think the selectors are moving about too much. I thought Vince deserved a longer run, Stoneman too. Moeen in and out, the whole Rashid business.
    Stoneman had a fair run I thought and Mo was playing poorly, break from the team did him good I would say. Just not convinced by Vince, certainly not as a no 3