Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So is Auld Veng laughing his socks off, do you think?

So is Auld Veng laughing his socks off, do you think?

Instead of fanny-dancing around on the edge of the opponents box we are now doing it on the edge of our own.

We do look a bit better at the other end though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Instead of fanny-dancing around on the edge of the opponents box we are now doing it on the edge of our own.

I was given to understand that this chap who looks, speaks and dresses like the concierge of a cheap Costa Blanca tourist hotel was all about basing his whole gig on creating a strong defence. So far, I have yet to see any evidence of this.
    Last edited by Burney; 09-03-2018 at 10:25 AM.

We did revert to the old impenetrable football on the edge of THEIR box for all of 60 seconds or so when the score was 2 each

The Wengerball DNA still lingers

Pulling Ramsay back a bit further might assist the shape and strength of the team
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Sacrificing Granit Xhaka to the footballing gods will sort this sort of **** out...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Do you think that Auld Archie, as Bruce Rioch used to call him, will be watching how we are doing?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was given to understand that this chap who looks, speaks and dresses like the concierge of a cheap Costa Blanca tourist hotel was all about basing his whole gig on creating a strong defence. So far, I have yet to see any evidence of this.

I think he is giving the incumbent set of f*ckwits enough rope to hang themselves with.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think it takes more than two months and one transfer window to change a culture that has existed at a club for 20 years.

Our entire game is messy at present. I doubt you will see significant progress before Christmas and maybe not even then.

This is going to take a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Sacrificing Granit Xhaka to the footballing gods will sort this sort of **** out...
    Can we chuck in his pal Mustafi as well, please?

Nice header though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think it takes more than two months and one transfer window to change a culture that has existed at a club for 20 years.

Our entire game is messy at present. I doubt you will see significant progress before Christmas and maybe not even then.

This is going to take a little while.
    Yes, we should be patient.

Still bloody hard work watching it though. Stress levels like that are seriously unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    We did revert to the old impenetrable football on the edge of THEIR box for all of 60 seconds or so when the score was 2 each

The Wengerball DNA still lingers

Pulling Ramsay back a bit further might assist the shape and strength of the team
    That or selling him - he was useless again. Master WES and I said so and the Times disagreed so it must be true.